Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
CedarM

Project 01 Final

Post by CedarM »

For the final version of this project I decided to do the tree version from my prelim. Even though I chose this one I still wanted to have my art be the main focus so I re-drew the tree image that I used in the prelim. In addition I also kept the tree as the only piece that is in full color, leaving everything else in black and white.
project_1_final_mobile_version.jpg
project_1_final_mobile_version_overlay.jpg
As you can see in the mobile version I wanted to keep the overlap of the tree and my name like I have in the browser version below. To do this I separated the tree drawing from the rest of the text with the bar containing the project links. I thought this created unity between the mobile and browser versions as well as breaks up the page on the mobile version.
project_1_final_browser_version.jpg
project_1_final_browser_version_overlay.jpg
As you can see in the final version of both of these I added some black bars with text in the negative space within them, I did this to try and create a little more visual interest and hierarchy in the text without distracting from the drawing. The final thing I did for both was to add an overlay. This allowed me to add plenty of space for other links and the resources page.

https://www.soilboy.sg/
https://benjaminhardman.com/93c1i6vykp8 ... 1mjvr0t1s8

Above are the two websites I found inspirational, the first one really gave me the idea to use plant and natural imagery as the focus of my website. In addition to that both showed me how you could really effectively use white space to make your imagery pop off the page. In my case the white helps the tree drawing really come forward.

-Cedar
- Cedar Moosmuller

Brooke_Brown

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by Brooke_Brown »

Hello Cedar! I really like your final layout! I like your hamburger menu and how it pulls out and you see more trees :) your overall theme of trees is very clear and it's a nice aesthetic for your website!
Brooke Brown

LMisher

Post by LMisher »

Hello Cedar,

I really like your design. It is clean and easy to navigate (thank you for the drop-down preview on the hamburger menu). The only suggestion I would make is to make the tree a little smaller so that we can see your whole name. Other than that, it's very good!
Warm Regards,

LaTara Misher :D

Giselle

Post by Giselle »

Hi Cedar!
First of all, :o your illustration of the tree looks incredible! The details and shadows are prominent; it shows how much skills you have already in this field. It is a great addition to your website, and it is brilliant that it is one of the only things colored besides the little logo in the hamburger pop-out. My only suggestion is to have more space between "Fall 2023" and your body copy in the mobile layout. It feels a little crowded, and it's a little hard to follow. Aside from that, this website looks marvelous, and I can't wait to see it running!
Giselle Sanchez

chloecutter

Post by chloecutter »

Cedar, loving the overlap of the tree over your name, what a fun idea and cool effect, it looks like it is growing throughout the design. Your typeface and layout fit well together as well, it overall looks professional and easy to navigate!

onnimelon

Post by onnimelon »

I like how the tree comes over the menu! Really good tree drawing. Very clean. I like that you've added the menu design and not just the hamburger menu!
alexandra buyck :D

KAWINTHRAC

Post by KAWINTHRAC »

Hi Cedar,
Your tree looks awesome! I like how you go with b&w scheme but your artwork. The composition of the page is good and easy to move around.
Kawinthra Chongsuksantikul

ngrover19

Post by ngrover19 »

Hi Cedar!

Firstly I really like that you presented your expanded hamburger menu, which you did a great job on. The shadow is a nice touch. You wrapped the body text around the tree in your computer layout expertly. Awesome job!
-Nathan Grover

Genevieve Dierenga

Post by Genevieve Dierenga »

Hi, Cedar

I love the illustration you use to break up the space in your design. having in cover up part of the heading makes it come forward and have more depth I also like that you used a very legible typeface for your website.

anacatnic

Post by anacatnic »

Hi cedar!!

Love that illustration!!! I really enjoy how it interacts with your name, I'm always a sucker for stuff like that haha. Can't wait to see this as a website!
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)