Project 1 -Carrie Rogers

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Rogers_Neighborhood

FINALLY!

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

Carrie Rogers

smith206

Re: FINALLY!

Post by smith206 »

Looks good. I love the navigation font and color. My only gripe is the background image of water doesnt seem to go with the site. I think it could have been cool to keep that wall papery look and drop the water but if its there for a reason then ill just shut up. Otherwise i like the site and really enjoyed your navigation.
Kyle Smith

Rogers_Neighborhood

Thank you and yeah I agree the water image is just there, will be getting rid of it!
Carrie Rogers

zelouzelou

Post by zelouzelou »

I love the water image that you used! The purple reflection on the waters is beautiful.
Kathyleen Bullard

Rogers_Neighborhood

Project 1 -Carrie Rogers

Another post with proper subject...

http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/carrie_rogers/
Carrie Rogers

Lundholm

Re: Project 1 -Carrie Rogers

Post by Lundholm »

I love this site. Black and orange are good colors for this season with Halloween coming up. They were also my high school's school colors.

I love your site with the water and with the colors on the water you can tell there's lights reflecting on it... but you didn't show the buildings or whatever is shining the lights. I like that, it has a feeling of mystery, makes me wonder what it is, and also adds an artistic aspect to the site.

I think you did a wonderful job on it.
- Nathan Lundholm

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

I like both the wallpaper and the lake image..just not together. Id pick one or the other. Also your tmcc logo looks a bit too compressed. (aka blurry)
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

Your transparent look through the text to the water works very well. Love the glow on the water. I want to make the background image a little brighter, but I am someone with old eyes. I want everything to look brighter. The water is actually fine, it is the wallpaper that I can’t quite see.

The biggest suggestion is the body copy. I would indent it. I am not sure your first sentence is working properly either. The subject seems to be missing… just put a comma after Nevada, and insert your name.

Otherwise, I think you have a real neat effect on your site!
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Dave

Post by Dave »

great concept, i agree with every one who mentioned that you need to go with either the water, or the wallpaper look. personally, i would go with the wallpaper look, give it just a little more contrast, then make it look really old and have it fade somehow into the black background.i think that could be a really cool concept. i also think a font more like this one http://www.dafont.com/before-the-rain.f ... +1&psize=l would work better and maybe make increase the font size and have the letters overlapping the yellow lines you have in there.
i think you have a really cool concept and i can't wait to see what you do with it.
David Bjerre

I found sand!

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

So, I agree the water/wallpaper combo doesn't "make sense" but.... I still like the effect. I'm not actually sure why, since, like I said, it doesn't "make sense". :) Also, some rollovers might be cool for your nav links. But I like it. Good job. ;)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks