Project One. Vy Tat

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Vi_Vi

project 1 website

Post by Vi_Vi »

Here's my site http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/vy_tat/

Finally got my site onto the server, after hours of trying to fix the error messages and my index.html corrupting during the transfer process. :roll: And it only centers in firefox, but not in not IE.
Vy Tat...

olddragon

Re: project 1 website

Post by olddragon »

Your site is so beautiful. I love the way the heart and leaves grow as rollovers... just enough... not overdone.

I can't help with the centering issue, but I am sure there are some here who will know how to fix it.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Melissa_Armstrong

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

I think your site looks great! The beauty and simplicity of it is wonderful. I think the heart and rollover effects are awesome. :)

I looked at your source code and tweaked around a bit and saw that you may be able to center it by adding the following code just below the opening body tag:

<div style="width:955px; height:600px; position:absolute; top:50%; left:50%; margin-top:-230px; margin-left:-400px;">

I got it centered pretty well but I was unsure of how far from the top it should be. You may need to tweak the numbers a bit more.

To get it farther to the right, change the margin-left value from -400 to -390 for example.
To move it to the left, change the margin-left value from -400 to -405 or whatever value is needed.

For getting it farther away from the top or closer to the top, just play around with the margin-top value. Leave the rest of the code the same.

Let me know if it works. :)

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ohhh, I really like the simplicity and contrast of the design. Plus the pulsing rollovers amuse me. The cleanliness and surrealism give it an almost dreamlike feel. Good work!

A couple of suggestions:

- On my computer, the email link just kind of sits there in the middle of your bodycopy area. If there's any other bodycopy in the area, I'm losing it in the white.

- Also, you may want to make a black an white repeating background image to continue the contrast all the way across the page.

Looks neat!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

Melissa_Armstrong wrote: <div style="width:955px; height:600px; position:absolute; top:50%; left:50%; margin-top:-230px; margin-left:-400px;">
thanks Melissa, my webpage looks much better now. :)
Vy Tat...

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

adding the black was a big plus! It looks smooth. I would say that on my browser(s) it is now sitting slightly to the bottom right. Not quite centered. It should remain above the fold as well. Id still play with your code a bit.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

mminten

Post by mminten »

Great looking site. Without knowing it my mouse drifted over the flower and it looked like a beating heart. Good Job!
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Melissa_Armstrong

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

I'm glad you were able to get it centered. The top seems cut off though...I'd play around with the margin-top value a bit to get it lowered. It may look different between browsers...I'm using IE.

I really like the black background you put in. :)
Melissa Armstrong

Vi_Vi

Project One. Vy Tat

Post by Vi_Vi »

Here's the final version of my website.
http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/vy_tat/
Vy Tat...

Lundholm

Re: Project One. Vy Tat

Post by Lundholm »

I enjoy your site. The rollovers are a little light in color. On some displays (such as mine) it might feel like the link actually vanishes on rollover. Just a thought.

If that's what you were going for, then ignore that.

All in all, a beautiful job.
- Nathan Lundholm