Project 1 -Carrie Rogers

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Melissa_Armstrong

Re: Project 1 -Carrie Rogers

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

I really like the image of the water. I also like the other wallpaper image. Between the two, I would go with the water and fade it into the black background as another has mentioned. That would look cool. I really like your font for your links. Perhaps use another font for your name...like something similar to your link fonts...but not exactly the same. I'm not so sure about the borders around the links...they seem to distract and look out of place. I'm not sure if possibly removing the link borders would help or make it harder to determine what are links. With rollover effects, I think that could be a way to omit the link borders perhaps. Overall, I think it looks great. Again, I really like the water image and how visually appealing it is. Great job! :)

~Missy
Melissa Armstrong

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

I see nothing wrong with the water image, even though it doesn't really connect to the wallpaper. I see the water image as a characteristic, it gives emotion and character to your site which already is a plus to me. I also think rollovers for your navigation would be nice.

I know you're going to take out that water image, but with or without it, it's still a nice site. good job.
Vy Tat...

mminten

Post by mminten »

I like the colors on the water. They draw my eye in. The only problem is the pattern in the bottom seem to push me back out. I would make it look like the camera is half under water, maybe have some of the light filtering through and some shadows of fish?
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the water image. The orange contrasts well with the blacks and greys, and I like the transparent content area. I think some rollover for your navigation would bring more to the design.
Kristine Toward

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

I like the layout and I think you came a long way with your design. I'm not too crazy about the orange color, and there seems to be a lack of unity throughout the site, but it is going in a great direction.
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

I really like the way this come out. It is very southing (like a message website) but also has great movement.
~Tina Bodden~

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

I like the design of the website. I think you did a great job. The only thing that takes away from the page, it the purple stripe. It looks great for the picture, it just takes my eye off of what I am reading. That is just a personal preference. Overall great job.
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"