Project One. Vy Tat

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
smith206

Re: Project One. Vy Tat

Post by smith206 »

I like your site overall I just wish there was a splash of color somewhere, in a roll over or in the text or something. Other than that I think you should have started your site on the about me page, or add a graphic on the load page because it just looks empty and your email is just floating there in the middle. I like the concept and overall idea a lot.
Kyle Smith

Dave

Post by Dave »

beautiful concept!! i'm so in love with the heart! i'm a big fan of black and white so that alone won me over. the surreal concept is very powerful, i keep expecting some sort of insane bug to come flying in and start drinking the "nectar" from the heart. great job!
David Bjerre

I found sand!

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I am seeing the centering, but then I have Firefox. I think you did a great job and the idea is so unique. Very creative.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Okay, so I'm curious if you meant for all the space above the layout to be there? Because to me it cuts off the bottom of the page in Firefox. Checking in IE and FF and Chrome, everything seems centered just fine though. Artistically speaking, I love the design, and if you're going to add color, I would say only use the tiniest amount. (Think the red coat in Schindler's List amount of color, IMO.) .... Having now looked at your links page, kinda like that. :mrgreen:

Anyway, here's how I would have centered your page:

Code: Select all

<div style="width:955px; height:600px; margin: 0 auto;">
And if you did want padding on the top... either use margin-top or padding-top as below:

Code: Select all

<div style="width:955px; height:600px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 200px;">
Remember: if you use margin-top, make sure to place it after the margin: 0 auto; part otherwise it will be overridden. Also, I just pulled 200 pixels out of the air. Play with the number as you see fit.

Further CSS tip: A CSS rule is easier to manage if you break it out of inline styles into at least the document header if not a separate document altogether. I recommend getting in this habit ASAP and use inline styles VERY sparingly.

Anyway, using that bit of code instead of the one you have/had is easier to read, easier to manage, and also would have prevented compatibility issues. All tech stuff aside, love your site! :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I really love your design. It is very pretty, and the contrast works well. I would have like to see the roll overs become color. I think that would also help to distinguish the heart too.
Kristine Toward

Rogers_Neighborhood

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

Love the site I have seen it in color in class and looks really nice too, as mentioned before I would like to see the heart maybe colored in a dark red.
Carrie Rogers

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

I love the clean look to your site! The rollovers are fun and everything has a nice contrast to it! Great job!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Truben

Post by Truben »

Hey Vy really dig your site the overall look of the site is fun and simple I like the rollover buttons on the plants. Great job keep up the good work!!!!

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

The website looks great. It loads a little weird for me with with your heart plant picture. I love the look and feel of the site. The font choice I think definitely was a good choice. The only thing I would change is the TMCC logo. The white logo looks greats, it just looks like it is floating a bit. My suggestion is to bring it into the main area of the site. It's not a major problem. Great job.
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

This came out awesome Vy. I usually like seeing a little more color but I like the say you added a little into your text. I also love the simplicity of the all over look of the website but you also added a lot of detail in your heart plan.
~Tina Bodden~