Project 1 Preliminary Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jose_M

Re: Project 1 Preliminary Roughs

Post by Jose_M »

ktwy,
I'm not a fan of the first so I'd go with the second one. The second home page has a good start to it with its use of colors, font style, and layout. The one thing to change is having the rest of the links white as well because it creates an anomaly that isn't necessary for thing particular design. I also like what you said about "80's city night-life" and what comes to mind is an old fashioned design that fits in todays modernism with its advanced and technological designs... it's just a thought, but so far so good.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Overview:
I think the templates still have a lot of work to do Its still missing some ear for some of the requirments, but between the two the First Template is the one I lean more towards.

Template 1:
I Like the background to the template the Nav bar to the side is nice but needs some other kind of filler underneath it just to give it a nice balnce. Maybe choose another font for your headline.

Template 2:

Franlky the color here dont mix well together. There is no balnce and this template in general need alot of work. The Font does not wrap well with the picture. Sorry if it comes out mean not trying to be.
Kyler Rose

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

Your first design is excellent! I love the gradient navigation and the geometric designs. I would work on adding more content other than just a giant block of text.
I also like your CMYK theme of the second website, but feel that the left side could be a vertical column of three photos and the right side could be your text.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like the structure of your first layout better. I like your font it gives the layout a professional feel.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

These are wonderful designs! I really like the first one.
Both designs feel somewhat crowded with their text, however. The columns of body copy in the first design could use more space between them to improve readability and visual clarity, and the text on the nav buttons could possibly be a little bolder to stand out more.
The second design is spaced really well. The nav words nearly run into each other, however, and the spacious vertical bars on the far sides make the center white block feel crowded with how little space the text has around it, in comparison.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Ltrueworthy

Post by Ltrueworthy »

To be completely honest, I love them both. I don't know which one is better haha. I really like the geo-structure thing used making the page clean but funky yet I love the block colors in your second page. Also your name font is amazing, it gets the point across but in such an elegant way
Lea Trueworthy

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

The first design works the best. I feel if you make the body copy cut off where your navigation bar ends, it would work a little better. Chances are, your not even going to need that much body copy anyway. Also the TMCC logo could be smaller and put at the lower right hand corner. It's grabbing too much attention, and your work should be what is in the spotlight. Overall, very nice, good work!
bImage
Darian Potichny

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hello Kristianna!

These are some wonderful designs. I really like the second one with the colors C, M, Y. I think that using the primary colors is a great idea. The navigation bar is clear. I cannot wait to see your final website
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

I like the first one better. The only thing I would suggest is working on the way the body copy flows, having it as a massive block like it is is daunting to a reader and not very appealing. breaking it up and using some movement to create more interesting geometric shapes would probably be more successful.
Julian Emme