Project 1-Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Zera-Chann

Re: Project 1-Preliminary

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Kyler!

Great Start to your designs I really like the second on it feels like there more room to have fun with and i like the concept a bit more.

I would say make the body copy a lot bigger it's really tiny and even at max view it's really hard to read, also play around with you layout a little bit more.

Can't wait to see the final project!

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

I like your website ideas - it shows an artist's work in progress.
The lined paper idea is nice, but it might come off too plain because of how simple it is.
The second design is better in my opinion - the paintbrush and pencil laying about show your tools. It would be really cool to see use of texture. A painted canvas, crinkled paper, or even a sketched drawing. These ideas should really be pushed - show how an artist works and the amazing things they can do.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like the second one better, it is a little more interesting than the first layout. Good job all around!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

These are neat concepts! I like the second one better, it has more personality and feels better overall.
I would recommend working with spacing more in the first design. Elements are close to the edge of the "canvas" or very nearly make strange tangents with other elements and it disrupts the flow and readability of the design overall. The elements could also benefit from alignments, to help reduce the sort of haphazard feel that they currently have.
For the second design, I might recommend seeing how it looks if the artistry tools actually overlap the images and other elements, instead of being forced to fit into the spaces that they're currently in. Your elements also come really close to the edge of the "canvas" and could benefit from more space to breathe.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hello Kyler!

Rough2, the one with the lined paper for a background is the one I prefer. The layout is clean and the handwritten type goes well with the paper background. I would try using a TMCC logo without the green in it. Looking forward to seeing more! :)
Melissa Peel

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

The second design draws the viewer in a little bit more then the first. However, I would play with the color and font types a bit more.
bImage
Darian Potichny

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

I think the paper one is more interesting, using a photo of lined paper would probably be more interesting/ add texture. Using a different font would probably help too, these feel a little basic
Julian Emme