Project 1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Re: Project 1 Roughs

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like your first one better, I would bring the imagery in the background down a little bit just so the text is more pronounced.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

These are both great, but I strongly lean toward the first one. The overall composition feels better and is more pleasing to look at, and I think this sizing and placement of the illustration is more flattering. I also prefer these white butterflies over the other ones in the second design.
My big issue is readability. Your font choice is the same for everything which works for the nav buttons and title, but it doesn't work well in the body copy. The white letters in your title and body copy also get lost in the background a little. Maybe try taking the transparent squares behind them and making them purple or a darker pink instead, without altering their transparency from what they are now?
Doublecheck that your nav button labels are all centered, as well. Currently the word "Contact" stands out with how it's misaligned from everything else.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi Courtney!

1 is great, but I like the placement and flow of 2 better. Your name could be at the top where it says "about me". The purple is working. The graphic you drew of yourself is sweet! :)
Melissa Peel

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Hi Courtney,

Both designs are very similar but I think I like the layout of the second one better. I like your colors and the image in the background. Maybe change the body copy type to an easier to read font.
Cassandra Bowers

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

Both designs are kind of similar.... Maybe what you could do is line up your body copy/name with you vertical navigation bar. Also tone the color down a bit. It's a little "HEY! LOOK! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!" which isn't bad if it wasn't all over the web page. Make your art do that since you drew it, it gives the viewer an idea of you awesome work.
bImage
Darian Potichny

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

Either of these would work well, the only thing is the body copy gets lost and the script font is not easy to read, the overall composition/ color choices is nice though
Julian Emme