Project One Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Re: Project One Critique

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like the second one better, I love clean layouts! I wound make your text box just a little bit smaller next to your "hello" right now it feels a little squished. Good job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

susielang,
The second home page has a really good layout and type styles. We've talked about including warm colors so the only thing I can add to that is too perhaps had near black or black curved boxes behind the links above so they aren't just floating there. Aside from that good stuff and don't forget to align and justify your type.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hello Susie!

I like the typefaces for both of your homepages! The black design is stronger based on that is flows a little better. Justifying the body copy text would help the text align with the images below. Overall the designs are clean and streamline. Looking forward to seeing more! :)
Melissa Peel

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I love the minimalist high-contrasty aspects of your designs! I definitely favor the second one though, the black and white. It has so much charm and character and is already quite well done! Your first design, the colored one, could benefit from alignments I think; as it is, the elements feel like they're just kinda there with no accommodation for the space they're in or the other elements, really. Try lining them up more precisely, like the whole design is on a grid, and see how it goes. Maybe try overlapping, as well. As for the second design, it might benefit from one color used sparingly on accepts perhaps?
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Ltrueworthy

Post by Ltrueworthy »

I think I have to go with the second layout. I love simple black and white websites so this is definitely my go to. The only thing I would say is that it does seem a little crowed. What if the links/pages were in their own link to free up some space. Other then that I really like the second one, especially the font for hello

Good Job
Lea Trueworthy

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

These both work very well. I personally am drawn to the bottom design especially if you will be using the design for portfolio reasons. Good work!
bImage
Darian Potichny

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Susie!

Both of your designs are very clean but i feel like the second one is a little more balance and easier to navigate.

My only critique is add some color to grab someones attention.

Can't wait to see the finished work!

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hey!

I like both of your designs, they are simple, and clean. I just suggest that you just play with your margins, and to balance your design a bit more. Other than that great job
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

The second one really pops, the contrast is beautiful. The only thing I would suggest is some color? It might not even need it though. Great job!
Julian Emme