Project 1, First Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Re: Project 1, First Critique

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I like your second layout better, its easier to read and give a clean fresh feeling. Your first one has a lot going on and the colors are kinda hard to read on each other but I do like the layout. Good job all around!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

cheytothet,
The second home page is the way to go. The first one is too clunky and the font style doesn't fir the theme, but the second one is the opposite of that (less is more). It has a such simplistic but inviting approach to it that it feels like being welcomed to a home. The colors are great and so is the layout. The thing to improve on is the type style to fit the theme.
Jose Macias.

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Ohh these are cute and wonderful! I love your color choices!
I feel like your first design is really, really busy to look at. There's so much going on and your eye is drawn everywhere so that there isn't really a focus. I might recommend tuning down the saturation of some of the decorative elements like the rows of dots, to see if that helps any.
As for the second design, my only issue is with some of the spacing. The word "Projects" is a bit farther to the left than it needs to be I think, and when compared to the other elements on the page, it feels weird that the word "Links" is so far away from that horizontal divider bar associated with its section. There's some lack in consistency across the elements in this regard.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hi Chalyn!

These two designs are beautiful! The first one is great how you put all of it together, but the second one is easier to navigate and read. If the navigation bar was more to the right (running off the page like the elements on the left), it would give the text more space and help with the asymmetrical flow of the page. I like the flowers and the spring color theme, sweet! :)
Melissa Peel

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Hi Chalyn,

I like your second design it is really clean and the type is really easy to read. Maybe make the navigation bar a little bigger so it is easier to find.
Cassandra Bowers

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Chalyn!

i love the colors of the first one, it really stands out and it's fun enough where it doens't hurt my eyes!

I would say change the font it self it's a little hard to read.

Can't wait to see the finished work!

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

Your second design is very good! The color is nice and overall the website is very readable. Looks very nice, good job!
bImage
Darian Potichny

JulianEmme

Post by JulianEmme »

The color contrast on the first one is a little odd, but the second one works very well. The body copy font is a little hard to read though.
Julian Emme