project one

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
erika.murray

Re: project one

Post by erika.murray »

Both of these designs are awesome! For the first design, there might be a slight issue with the white text blending into the background, but not too bad. I think you should go with your second design though - all of the elements fit nicely together, and your signature looks really cool. Maybe you should bring your about info right underneath it?
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I really like both of your designs, my only critique is to maybe make the text a bit bigger on your first layout. Good job all around!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

Both of these designs are really nice! They ooze character and are both successful.
Look at your alignments in the first one. The texts on the righthand side could align up and look neater than they are currently as some elements are closer to the edge than others in haphazard ways.
The same issue goes for the second design as well. I also feel like the same text, particularly the "Resources", "Project One" etc, could be smaller. The overall design is minimalist and spacious, but this text feels quite large and attention-grabbing in comparison. You might also benefit from a different font. I do prefer the second design.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

JulianEmme,
Usually i'd go for the first home page because of its atmospherics, but I think the second home page is the way to go on this one. It's subtle, but also interesting and has to do with the choice of type and image: and usually i'd say to justify your type, but for this particular design you don't need to do that. Aside from that all that's needed is a slightly more clear image.

Jose Macias.
Jose Macias.

Cassiebowers

Post by Cassiebowers »

Hi Julian,

I like your first design. The picture you used really works with your design. I like how your navigation bar is in the fog of the picture it really draws attention to it. Your type goes well with the design. I like your signature in the second design it would be cool if you could integrate it into your first design.
Cassandra Bowers

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Julian!

I really like the background of the first one it just takes my breath away!

I would say is fix you type I can't see you body copy and the white makes to where it blends in with the background.

Can't wait to see the finished project!

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

I think the top design look the best. It has nice imagery and the font styles you choose work really well with that. However, I would make the body copy bigger since you have all that space as well as move you name to the top and the TMCC logo to the bottom.
bImage
Darian Potichny

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hi Julian!

These are some great designs, I personally like the forest one.

The only change that I would suggest is to play with the typography colors because it blends with the clouds in the background, Great Job.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

INSPIRING... this one is very inspiring:

I don't even know what to say really, your work is very strong already. It's very cool, literally it feels fresh and chill. The one thing is probably avoid flatting your design that much, unless that is what you are aiming for. The perspective in the photograph could lead playing around with depth and mystery.

Really awesome job so far man!!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ