Ashleigh Porterfield - Project Two Final Site

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ashleighP

Ashleigh Porterfield - Project Two Final Site

Post by ashleighP »

Here is my final site for your viewing pleasure!

http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/ash ... t_two.html
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

brienicole

Re: Ashleigh Porterfield - Project Two Final Site

Post by brienicole »

I think you should have centered it but I like that you added food! good choice.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

IM SOOOOO HUNGRY NOW! Nice logo, looks great. Couple things with your site: You need to continue the images in the background for the contact page. It just looks like its broken when it comes up black when all the other pages have an image behind them. Another thing centered text is quite bad for legibility so you may want to think about another way to layout the menu. There are several ways to do this mainly using css but you could for instance just put them in different divs so you would get some columns with left aligned text. And lastly just center it and it would look much better.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I agree with Bri to center it in this case. Sometimes designs look better left or right aligned, but I think this would benefit from center alignment. Overall I think it's a good redesign and I like your imagery.
Kristine Toward

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

I really like that you added the low opacity images in the backgrounds. I think that you need a better home page. Maybe a brief about me or even a little overview about weekly specials. But overall I'm getting hungry.
~Tina Bodden~

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

This site looks scrumptious. Besides the centering I can't find a single suggestion. Good job.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

I like the site, but I think maybe you should have a homepage? having a site going straight or staring with the Appetizers site is a little weird to me, but other than the homepage, there's nothing I dislike about the site. :D
Vy Tat...

mminten

Post by mminten »

It is a simple site to use. I would have tried to incorportate their orignial logo since they probably won't want to change it but this is a redesign assignment. It is a simple and easy to use site. What Vy said is true. There should be some sort of landing page that is filled with keywords about the restaurant for the search engines to pick up on.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to title your pages.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Dave

Post by Dave »

i love the colors and the layout is working awesome. it's just a little weird to go straight to the appetizers page...
David Bjerre

I found sand!

LindsWalters

Post by LindsWalters »

Like the others said, you should of centered it. and also you should have your contact/about us be the beginning of the sight. the colors you chose were good, along with the pictures in the background really flowed with the topic of what was being sold for the buttons.
Lindsey Walters