pr3_roughs_ab

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
gotsatisfaction247

pr3_roughs_ab

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

roughs for pr3, both will have scroll bar, the green site will have its 5th button as TMCC logo/home page on the top right conner.
Attachments
pr3_green_classes.jpg
pr3_green_home.jpg
pr3_courses.jpg
pr3_home.jpg
cover_page_frc175_pr3.jpg

hummela

Re: pr3_roughs_ab

Post by hummela »

nice banner haha.
that green is bright, i like the layout ideal but im not srue about the color.
I do like the second layout color i also like how you have the contact us on every page, but im not sure if it working right in the middle maybe move that middle section to the right side and the body copy to the center?

Good job with making both layouts easy to get around.
Alexa Hummel :)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Yikes! That green one? Pass on it.

The other one is quite good though. I like the question/call to action homepage. It had a really nice color palette that works well together and excellent contrast. I like the use of semi-transparency throughout the layout. The navigation is large and easy to use. And I think the contact info in the center is an interesting choice.

I think it needs just a bit of tweaking. I'd enlarge the TMCC logo and take it out of it's white box. I'd also make the bodycopy and contact copy a sans-serif typeface. Also, not to be spelling Nazi, but it's "EXCITING" and "WAITING".

A good set of designs. I look forward to seeing them be made real!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Second design for sure; I don't think that's a very website-friendly green. I like the idea behind the second design, particularly the slogan that you've created, but I'm not really understanding the meaning behind it. I don't think the contact information is important enough to warrant its placement in the center of the page. I think the biggest issue that I have with the second design is that it doesn't feel very Graphic Communications-ish to me. The splash page you have that leads into the home page leads me to thinking I'm heading into a hunting website or some sort of survivalist career rather than design.
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

old_man_pat

Post by old_man_pat »

I agree the green is a bit strong on the first design, but I like your color palette on the second. I think the transparent colors over the TMCC background image works well. I think the layout would benefit if you included your contact information somewhere other than the highlighted center. Perhaps a call to action prompt that leads to a page devoted to contacting the department, supplemented with footer /sidebar content with contact information for other site pages? Nice work! I look forward to seeing your final design. :-)
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates