Project Three Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
paula_b

Project Three Roughs

Post by paula_b »

Here are my roughs for project 3. Not really sure if I will use either one, just really needed to get something up. If I do go with one, I'm leaning toward rough 2. I want a clean simple design that will be straight forward in the content. I want to include more images but haven't had the time to take the photos yet. I'm thinking of putting the lizard on top of a text book, the one that Dan wrote! Haha!
Attachments
proj3_rough1.jpg
proj3_rough1_pg2.jpg
proj3_rough2.jpg
proj3_rough2_pg2.jpg
PaulaBurris

rrodriguez

Re: Project Three Roughs

Post by rrodriguez »

Paula,

I'm gonna have to agree with you, I like roughs 2 as well. Both layouts are clean and professional. But I tend to be drawn to roughs 2 because it's a little bit more easier to read. If I had to make one suggestion, it would be to add a subtle color for the buttons, nothing to bright. I'd pick a color from the photo on top, I think it would blend well with your already good layout. And the ipsums for the bios were funny. Good start (:
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Paula!!
Awesome job on both of your roughs girl! I'm with you though, I think I like rough #2 more than rough #1. I love your transparent header image with the black TMCC logo. It looks really good together. (Funny we used the same image for our header image lol :-) Your layout is a clean and simplistic design that is easy to read and navigate through. Your typography goes well together and I love your photo gallery it looks good. I would add TMCC's information to the footer and maybe add a hover color on the link in which page you are on...other than that I love it!
Danielle Record

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Paula
I like your rough# 2 more. I especially like the artwork on your gallery rough, it is awesome!!
Good job!

Lingling

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Paula,,

I think you have two roughs that effectively present the information but I think it is lacking in communicating an idea. I think it should encapsulate the idea of graphic communication and present the different medias. This is a chance to create something that might inspire someone to join this program. Why did you enroll, what caught your attention to this subject?

Sierragirlnv

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Paula,
Good job with both your designs.
I think both design would work.

I think I like the rough1 designs a little more than the rough2 designs.
I like how you used the green, which I don’t really like, but I like how you did it!
Looks good with the lizard mascot.

Nice Job
Georgia

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Paula,

I really like both your designs, but I think the banner in the bottom set adds visually interest and really represents TMCC well, so I would go with that design. I also like the placement of the nav bar more in the bottom layout. I don't no why putting it to the left or right makes navigation more interesting, but it totally does! Nice Work!
Dominique Boudinot

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I enjoyed both designs. Personally I like the rough 2. It's more professional.
I like the navigation bar. It's very clean design.

Good start!

Kiwako

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Now that's some seriously weird ipsum right there.

I prefer the second design. It's a nice clean layout that's easy to read through and doesn't get in the way of the information being presented. I like the framing element of the top and bottom picture bars. The top banner is a pleasing picture with a well placed logo. The navigation is large, easy to use, and lest's me know where I am in the site at a glance. Nice! I like the gekko as a fun little element throughout.

My only real issues are typographic. I don't like that one button is two lines while the others are one, either rename the two line button, or size all the buttons so that that button is one line. Also, don't vertically pinch the type in your navigation. Left justify your bodycopy, it'll look cleaner on this layout. Move your page title down a bit to that it's top aligned with the top of your buttons.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

schakarun714

Post by schakarun714 »

Hey, im really liking the green layout better but i also really like the header you out on the second layout. You should try combining the two and see what you get. i think the TMCC green and the header would really compliment each other nicely.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming