Project 2 Final Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
dboudinot

Project 2 Final Critique

Post by dboudinot »

Hi everyone, I am Dominique Boudinot, and this is final critique for project 2 in grc 175.

For this project, we had to choose a poorly designed website and redesign it in the form of a 5 page prototype complete with live type, working links, and meta data. We also had to turn our homepage design into a portal for our other projects.The site I chose was the Sierra Safari Zoo http://www.sierrasafarizoo.org/default.html This is the URL to the original site. I tried to make the website more inviting, and I chose a young target audience because I feel they get the most excited for the zoo. I wanted to give the site a pop-up book feel with rich color and a nice friendly serif type. I'm happy with design overall, and I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think! Here is the URL http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2014 ... _boudinot/
Dominique Boudinot

lingling_chen

Re: Project 2 Final Critique

Post by lingling_chen »

Great job on your redesign website, I really like it. Links are all good. Wonderful! Dominique!

Lingling

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Hi Dominique,

I love your website! The navigation bar,notebook, is wonderful idea!

For project2,
I love the layout and color choices. I guess it was really hard to make this website. Yo did good job!
My only suggestion is your hover font size. It's small.

Other than that, I like your website!

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Thanks for the comments, so far.
I chose to make the hover font size smaller so that it was like the user was pushing an actual button, but I wasn't sure how users would respond to it.
I can see how that could be off-putting because it does feel like the text is moving away from you, so I'm glad to know you opinion that Kiwako. If it remains unpopular throughout critique I will know not to make that design choice again.
Dominique Boudinot

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

The zoo redesign page is way to cool!!! I very like the main page concept and the earth tone colors you picked for the site. Also I very like the black silhouettes that you used of animals throughout the site, worked very well! As far as the project one goes, I like the black and white idea, but I might play a little bet more with the positioning of the portrait and the fond type of the name. Overall, you did a great job!!!

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Dominique!
Wow girl you did an awesome job on both of your sites! Your background on your homepage looks awesome and I like how you added the notebook when you hover over project 2 link, nice touch. Your project #2 site turned out great! You mentioned that you wanted it to look like a pop up book...I think you succeeded that look very well ;-)and it definitely fits for your target audience. I also like how you put the placeholder under the link in which page you are on...it adds character! How did you do that? You have inspired me lol :-) One thing I would suggestion is to maybe add the zoos contact information to your footer on every page for easy access for your user, other than that looks good girlie! :-)
Danielle Record

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Wow, you did an awesome job on these! The little drop-down image that appears when you hover above project 2 is a nice touch, but most of all, I really appreciate all the effort you put into every individual page of the zoo website. You managed to make each page very unique, while still maintaining the overall consistency of the designs. The animal silhouettes are clever too! As a whole, I'm finding it difficult to critique because they really are great!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Dominique Boudinot,

Your portfolio is great, the hands are intriguing to look at because I keep staring at them thinking it's secretly sign language me or something. The stretch pad over the button is a cleaver idea for a rollover. And your redesign website is killer. The color scheme is inviting and creative use of type going from bigger to smaller. The photos and your designs combined together really make this website easy to read and navigate through, as well as keep me interested in viewing more. Good Job :)
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Dominique, wow! You did such a great job on this! I think that now that we have completed our own work and endured the struggles of it, we have a greater appreciation for the accomplishments of our classmates! The redesign is crazy good! You made it come to life! I knew Dale and he would love what you did with the site.
PaulaBurris

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Dominique,

I like the colors and the design of project two, well done. I like the navigation on the bottom as well. (that way the guest has to scroll to see the whole page that otherwise they might miss something) I noticed you made your divs with pixel sizes. I did mine that way too. One thing I learned was the percentage that Michael was teaching us helps with the fitting on the page regardless of page size. It's something I realized after I finished my design and probably explains why some of the pages are so large because the Mac screens tend to be so large especially in the computer lab. Great job!

Sierragirlnv