Lingling’s project two final critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

Lingling’s project two final critique

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, everyone
Finally, I can upload my project two final website on time. Here's the link:
http://grc175.com/student/fall_2014/lingling_chen/
I know it always can be better, turn in for points first: ), I will refine it later.
Please let me what you think, Thank you! Good night.

Lingling

kiwakom

Re: Lingling’s project two final critique

Post by kiwakom »

Hi Lingling,

Project1
I like the navigation bar. That's so cute!

Project2
You should put the original website link. I like the navigation bar's light design.
Also, I really like the logo design.

Kiwako

Good job!

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Lingling,

Your redesign is great; there are so many subtle touches that really make this good. I like the light effect for your hover, and I think it's awesome that you incorporated social media, even though I try to stay away from social media, it's good for a business to get followers and get its name out there. It seems like the children will definitely learn a lot. The only thing I have found that needs fixing is that when you are on the contact page "curriculum" changes into "surriculum". Other than that great job!
Dominique Boudinot

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

I very like the art work you have on your home page for project one, also the vector art that you put around the main box, created a very cool negative space against the background. Awesome job! As far as the second project goes, I like the everything you did, it looks much better. The only thing that kind of bothers my eye, is that bright red text on the top right side of your banner ( the head line and phone number), I might try and change it to a different color, maybe green or black, or some other color that will look against light background that is already withing your color pallet of your page. I would guess you used red for people to notice it, but it is already on the top banner and it is a very large type, it will be noticeable even at a less vibrant color. Like always, you create very cool art work! Great job with this project!!!

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Lingling!
Your re-design of project 2 is great and I absolutely love your homepage! I really like the all of the personal touches that you added to your homepage.... The design that comes down below each link when you hover over them is eye catching and is a great personalized touch and your vector designs are beautiful (they go well together). Your logo with all the different items in your hat is awesome too! All of these things put together make a visually appealing, easy to navigate through & very creative makes a great design! Project 2, I like how each navigation link has a light shining down on them as you hover over them, I think is very appealing and catches your eye right away. Your overall design is perfect, all of the colors go together well, the layout is easy to navigate, & your logo is very creative. I agree with our classmate that the red text in the top right corner is distracting...I think if you changed it to the green that you used in the right hand corner it would balance it out and the information would standout still. Otherwise nice job!
Danielle Record

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Wow, I love how you designed the Ewin website! It's very glossy and smooth. Your navigation bar is amazing, it looks as if a small light turns on when you hover above the buttons, which is amazing. The subtle reflection from the top banner was a great detail to include, as well as the way the navigation bar and Twitter link sort of layer beneath the banner. As a whole, very authentic and professional looking! Your homepage is equally as good, but I believe the text in the buttons could be a little bigger. And maybe include a few more images in your footer area, or text, it looks kind of empty, but really nice job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Lingling Chen,

Your portfolio is so detailed and intricate - such a cleaver and creative design. The rollover buttons are cool, I like them. And your redesign website is very professional and clean looking. I like your use of space and the way you package the information so that it's easy to navigate through. The header and buttons are creative and fun at the same time. it's usually hard to read information on a dark background, but you do a great job of laying out the information so that it's not difficult to understand and read. Super job!
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Lingling, you did a fantastic job on this! Your personal web page is so good! Aside from the typo on the word "Projects", everything is perfect! I am in awe of your talents!
PaulaBurris

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi LingLing,

I like the creativity you put forth into these designs. You put detail into so much of the design. I think you did a great job of compartmentalizing the information. The only critique I have is I think some of your information is bleeding into other elements that I don't think is intentional and that is on your homepage and project page. Otherwise great job!

Sierragirlnv

hummela

Post by hummela »

I think you did a good job, although i can't compare the bad with the new.
The one you have posted does look good an easy to get around i like the colors and your navigation.
Alexa Hummel :)