Project 2 Roughs - Seth Dines

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Deth_Sines

Project 2 Roughs - Seth Dines

Post by Deth_Sines »

Hey Er'body-

This is it...please bring the critiques! The original site looked like this...
Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 6.05.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 6.05.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 6.06.02 PM.png
So I did a mega redesign! TWICE!

The first rough is trying to do just about everything on a single page...we'll see how that could possibly play out!
rich_rough_2_sd_home_sm.png
rich_rough_2_sd_our_projects_open_sm.png
The second is my favorite...so yeah...
rich_rough_2a_sd_home.png
rich_rough_2a_sd_menu.png
rich_rough_2a_sd_work.png
Hope you all can help me. Thanks! the menu essentially drops down each time and reveals the page in which you want to see, the one you clicked on.

-SD

aslychsm

Re: Project 2 Roughs - Seth Dines

Post by aslychsm »

These .. are beautiful ..

-flips table over and walks out-

Really though, wow, you nailed the minimalist approach perfectly. I like them both a lot! They're so different from each other that I'm having a tough time deciding which would be more appropriate for the business. It's awesome that you chose a website focused on marketing and promotion, especially one with hardly anything to work off of, that must have left you with plenty of wiggle room to bust out creatively! My only concern with the second design is, similar to the original website, I would find myself questioning what that website was trying to sell. But the colors and subtle gradient are so pleasing to look at. My vote would have to be your first design. It's full of pertinent information, yet presents it so charmingly! I'm struggling to find something to improve about it! Either of these would work well for the project, so I'm interested to see where you take it! Great job!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Seth,

I am leaning towards your first layout since it has an all one feature and its layout is very current. I do like the idea of the second layout but I don't know that it effectively communicates the idea to the visitor. I see the "client" likes a minimalistic approach that I think the client would appeal to in the second design.

Sierragirlnv

recordd

Post by recordd »

Haay Seth!
WOW! Nice job on both of your roughs! The site you chose is so awful...it contains no content, navigation is confusing, no other links for more information, etc. to work with. Why even have the site? :lol: I give you props for choosing this site. Since there is hardly any content to work with, it is going to take your great creativity skills to accomplish a successful website. I think rough #1 shows that you accomplished this more than rough #2. I really like the one page layout idea. I think this business could easily publish this design and their business would improve tremendously because it is more informative with a simplistic layout. It is more professional, visually appealing, & easy to navigate through. One suggestion that I have is to add all of their contact information in the footer and add your name as who designed this masterpiece. :-) I can't wait to see your final design!
Danielle Record

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Seth!
What Ashley said, that is all....
;)
PaulaBurris

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Seth,

I like your first design because it does have a lot of content, and I think it will pull people into that web of team members. The second minimalist design probably would appeal to the client more, and it has an edge of mystery, which since you have navigation, people could actually solve, but I still like the first. Maybe you could make your first design a little more minimal (bad pun lol) then everyone could be happy. Good Job on both and Good Luck!
Dominique Boudinot

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Seth,

Wow, major improvement! I like the first, one page design — It's modern and engaging. The category icons are a fun addition. Great job!
Matthew

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Seth,
Wow, so much better then their website.
I like both of your designs and both are so different from each other.
I think both would work you just need to decide what do you want for them> simplistic or detailed.

I personally like the detailed one’s… your rough 2 designs.
I love the color scheme you picked, blues!
Even though there is a lot of info the flow is good and makes since as you read down.

I would work with your type for the top nav as its small and the gray blends in with the dark gray.
Maybe lighten the nav text even more.
The white font for the info on the photo also blends with the photo.
I would play around with that to see if there is another color that would make it more readable.

Other than the fonts I think everything looks good and very professional.
Good job!
Georgia

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Seth, I like your layout where it’s one long continuous layout and you just scroll down. You do a great job with fonts and colors, blending them with photos to create a professional and dynamic feel to your work. I don’t really have any suggests because everything just looks so awesome. Great start
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

I love the blue one. its awesome. the second i awesome as well, but the blue one is awesomer. I think the way you organized the information is very inviting.

-wendy