I BOUGHT CS5.5!

Free discussion of anything not related to web design/development. Have fun. Remember: Play nice!
Lundholm

I BOUGHT CS5.5!

Post by Lundholm »

I bought CS5.5 academic version! I can't afford it so my mom let me use her credit card.

The downside now is I have to pay her back. But I own CS5.5!

They said shipping will take about a week. I have two days left of my trial. So that's about five days I'm gonna be SOL.
- Nathan Lundholm

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: I BOUGHT CS5.5!

Post by Instructor »

*hi5*
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

smith206

Post by smith206 »

The wave of sadness is coming when adobe announces CS6 next week.
Kyle Smith

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

CS5.5 is functional enough for me. I'm going to make it a point to upgrade every few versions, not every version. For example starting with CS5.5 then I'll count by 3's... I'll buy when CS9 comes out... CS12... CS15... I'll follow that pattern.

No sense in spending lots of money on every single new version.
- Nathan Lundholm

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

I heard a rumor.. just a rumor.. that they may be doing something like a subscription service. The new adobe Muse (code name) is out in beta and they are talking about making it a 180 a year plan and then you just get the upgrades as they come. That wouldnt be bad. Id rather spend 180 a year and get to just update than to keep re buying the new CS suites.

on the topic at hand. YAY.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

brienicole wrote:I heard a rumor.. just a rumor.. that they may be doing something like a subscription service. The new adobe Muse (code name) is out in beta and they are talking about making it a 180 a year plan and then you just get the upgrades as they come. That wouldnt be bad. Id rather spend 180 a year and get to just update than to keep re buying the new CS suites.

on the topic at hand. YAY.
Not a rumor. This is in fact their plan. You can also pay a monthly subscription (I want to say like $35/month or so). For people who use it all the time and can afford it, I think buying the thing is the way to go. But for people like me who don't want to spend the money (or can't) we aren't regulated to open source solutions, which is really nice. It makes it a lot easier for those just starting out in the industry to use the best software.
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

i have CS5 and thats really all i need lol it works and thats all i need it to do =D
my Kia beats

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

For those who own CS, you are aware you can use it on 2 PC's right?
I have it on my home PC and my laptop. Even though my laptop's not great for design... screen is too small for truly great design work... but at least I can work on design while I'm not at home.
- Nathan Lundholm

Melissa_Armstrong

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

When you buy CS5.5, the student version, how did you go about proving that you were a student? I don't have a TMCC student ID card after going to school here for two years, do they even make IDs at TMCC...I'm not sure what its purpose would be.

Anyways, I would really love to get it either through the school bookstore or Amazon...it appears that Amazon is cheaper. I was just getting worried when reading the fine print about proving your student status after you buy it and if the proof is insufficient, then you pay full price.
Melissa Armstrong

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

There ARE student ID's at TMCC. You need two or three proofs of enrollment... it tells what you need on the site but I made printouts of my most recent financial aid reward letters and printouts of my unofficial transcript off of my.tmcc.edu Student Center and that was sufficient. Took 3 days to check it out and ship me the product.

If your proof of enrollment is insufficient I'm sure they'd let you know so you can try again rather than just shipping out an unordered full price version.
- Nathan Lundholm