The Sims?

Free discussion of anything not related to web design/development. Have fun. Remember: Play nice!
Lundholm

The Sims?

Post by Lundholm »

Does anyone here play the Sims? I'm trying to find someone who can tell me why my Sim walks up the side of the wall like a superhero. Is my game glitched?
- Nathan Lundholm

zelouzelou

Re: The Sims?

Post by zelouzelou »

I love the Sims! But no, I don't know why your Sim walks up the side of the wall. :P Maybe it's just one of those weird things that happens sometimes in the Sims like people turning into zombies.
Kathyleen Bullard

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

That could explain him walking up the side of the wall but it doesn't explain him thinking the bottom of the pool is a bed somehow (and weirder yet, not drowning)

I think my game is glitched beyond belief.
- Nathan Lundholm

Melissa_Armstrong

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

Yeah, my sims do the same thing...sleep in the pool, walk through the aquarium, walk in mid air when going up stairs, get stuck in random places. I think the game itself is glitched. I don't mind so much...it keeps things interesting. ;)

It may also have something to do with the video card. I've noticed less glitches with my newer computer.
Melissa Armstrong

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Half the things they do I wish I could do in real life.
Sleeping in a pool would probably be a very good night's sleep as long as you didn't drown and the water was warm.
- Nathan Lundholm

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

I don't think an older video card has anything to do with it. Mine is top of the line and they still glitch. Besides, the video card can only render what it's told to, so whatever's going on is happening inside the computer itself.
- Nathan Lundholm

Melissa_Armstrong

I completely agree with you Nathan about the video card, although it seemed to work better with my newer computer...some glitches do remain. I came to the video card theory based on the newer computer and also reviews I read about a year ago. Now that I think about it though, my older video card was a top-of-the-line NVIDIA card I put in after as one of many mods. When comparing performance/statistics, the older computer with the NVIDIA card far exceeds the capabilities of my newer laptop when it comes to graphics.
Melissa Armstrong

Melissa_Armstrong

LOL! :)

I too would love to spend time as the sims do in their glitched phases. Walking in mid-air after climbing stairs = weird, but cool. Sleeping in a pool = pretty cool. Sleeping in an aquarium which is hypothetically heated to a nice teperature + fish swimming around you = awesome :D
Melissa Armstrong

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

The last part is actually borderline possible. There's a guy in Japan who sleeps on a waterbed... full of live fish... and he feeds them every morning and every night... but the mattress is invisible so you can see them swimming around (I bet it scares them when you lie down)
- Nathan Lundholm