Format for roughs

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
Melissa_Armstrong

Format for roughs

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

Can the roughs be done in paint (which is what they are now) or should they be done with another program like Publisher? Are they more for just showing the layout of where the images and logo and text are going to be or do they need to show the image that will be used and text all written out?

The index (about me/home page) has links to other pages like a page for resources and another for projects. Do I need to have the rough layout for the additional pages too tonight or just the homepage showing the links?

Are these roughs and also two links to other websites that inspire us to be put into a powerpoint presentation or just as seperate files on a thumb drive?

Thanks much :)
Melissa Armstrong

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Format for roughs

Post by Instructor »

To answer your questions in order.

The roughs can be done in whatever software you feel comfortable with as long as it communicates your design intent properly. That way the class and I can give feeback. I'd recommend saving 'em in PDF format so the Macs can read them (we don't have Paint).

I'd prefer to see the photos and some filler text (I recommend Bacon Ipsum for all your filler test needs http://baconipsum.com/) or the actual text your going to use. That'll allow us to give more accurate feedback.

All you need is your homepage. We are critiquing design and layout, so all we need is a sample page.

Everything as a separate file works fine.

Hope that answered your questions.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Melissa_Armstrong

Post by Melissa_Armstrong »

They are PNG images made from paint. Can the PNG images open on the class computers?

I converted them to PDF but it seems a lot of quality was lost so I would rather use PNG files if possible.

Thanks much. :)
Melissa Armstrong

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

PNGs work just fine. Bring those!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173