multi platform issues

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
mawpe

multi platform issues

Post by mawpe »

Hi Michael,
I have published my website for portfolio class and it works perfectly in Chrome, however there are issues in both Firefox and Explorer.
In Firefox my video format is not supported and in explorer there are mysterious purple borders around some divs. Do you have any ideas that might help? I have to present this on Thursday night.
http://markwpederson.com/

thanks
Mark Pederson

mawpe

Re: multi platform issues

Post by mawpe »

I fixed the purple border issue
a img { border: none; }
Mark Pederson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looks like you've got a handle on the border issue.

I'm not sure what might be causing the video playback issue. It could be a driver issue, it could be an issue with how the video is embedded, it could be a browser issue, it could be a plugin issue.

A quick Google pulled up this thread ( https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/943706 ), which seems to talk about the issues you're having. Take a look at their solutions. I don't know how much you can fix given the fact that the campus Macs wipe everything after shutdown, but it might be worth playing with.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

yeah I googled my fingers to the bone on this one.
it seems that I need two versions of my video and one of them requires a converter that I would need to buy and I say %$#@ that.
I was just hoping there was some ancient Chinese secret or something simple
Mark Pederson