ekfulton project 3 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
ekfulton

ekfulton project 3 prelim

Post by ekfulton »

Hi everyone,
here are my prelims, I was going for a clean look, both use variations of the official tmcc colors, although the second one just uses two official accent colors and the famous lime green is absent. Both of the second pages are for the student gallery pages, the idea here is that there will be a javascript gallery. Also, please note that on draft 2, the checkboard is supposed to be there, its not the transparency indicator. Thanks in advance for your comments.
draft #1, page 1
draft #1, page 1
draft #1, page 2
draft #1, page 2
draft #2, page 1
draft #2, page 1
draft #2, page 2
draft #2, page 2
E.K. Fulton
ekfulton@gmail.com | 775-298-1515 mobile

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Re: ekfulton project 3 prelim

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hey,
I can say that the first looks more dynamic because the "graphic communications" wrote in a vertical angle.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

What a fantastic picture! I love it. I think your layout on the first set is much more compelling because you let the picture bleed, rather than contain it in a frame. I also like the heavy use of the green. I mean, it is TMCC's signature color, and you've incorporated it in cool ways. Your use of orange and black is a perfect counterbalance.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

that picture is hilarious.I like the first layout more, the colors are more appealing to me
Mark Pederson

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

great photo! the first set, definitely. the colors on the second set get a bit lost with the purple and red together. nice work!
Donna Harn

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

I'm leaning towards the top design. That magenta color is not working for me for this particular project. I really like that photo in the top one as well. If you do decide to go with the bottom one then the font needs to be a different color.
Justin Hubert

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

I think you should do the first layout and changed the colors. I think the overlap works with the picture and the page as a whole.
Dustin Hill

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

I am really liking, the color scheme on the first layout! The imagery that you picked is incredible! That fist picture of the guy totally looks like me when I am trying to get my divs in divs and my containers out of container :lol: Good job buddy!
jen
jenny breitrick

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya E.K.

I like the sideways "graphic communications" on your first layout, but I'm not sure about the "menu" option you have right now. It looks like it's going to float with the page instead of staying in one spot, and it wasn't easily noticeable to me as the navigation, which threw me a bit. Also, the colors do feel a bit drab to me. I like the layout better than the second, but maybe incorporate some of those more vivid colors.

Your second layout is more eye-catching color-wise, but I think you could improve on the "graphic communications" header a lot.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi E.k,
WOW!! Great roughs. I agree with the others the first set its great. Sometimes I feel like hitting my head against something :lol: Can't wait to see the final site.
Maria Nunez