Nicole Hicks, Project Three Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
I'mNicole

Nicole Hicks, Project Three Preliminary

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya everyone.

So I went with two drastically different designs on this one. I'm curious to see which one everyone likes best.

On the first design, I went with a more traditional layout and added some texture to the background and links to spruce it up a bit. It also uses only TMCC-approved colors, haha.
layout1.jpg
layout1inner.jpg

On the second design, I went with a much more creative and almost chaotic design. I think it's eye-catching and very interesting to look at, which suits a GC department. I've also posted a screenshot of what happens when you hover over the links section, so you'll get a better idea of how it will all work.
layout2.jpg
layout2Links.jpg
layout2inner.jpg
layout2innerLinks.jpg
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

jennybreitrick

Re: Nicole Hicks, Project Three Preliminary

Post by jennybreitrick »

I am in love with your second layout. The color splat that you used is off the wall! I think that we need to recruit more artists in our field and that color may just do the trick! Great job on these!
jen
jenny breitrick

Juan Vazquez Lopez

Post by Juan Vazquez Lopez »

Hello Nicole,
I am agree with Jenny, i like the chaotic one, it looks more interesting and more dynamic, good job.
Juan Vazquez Lopez

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Nicole - I think both concepts are great, but the paint splatter is the most interesting to look at. I think your use of color is wonderful, but I'm on the fence with your type treatment where it says "Welcome to the Graphic...., etc." It feels insubstantial, where I'd like to see it much more solid.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

like you already say the first one is more traditional and professional and the second more artistic. they both are working in their own ways so I guess you should choose based on which direction you want to go.
Mark Pederson

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

wow, love the second one, so dynamic! the paint is awesome. the only thing which maybe needs to be brought out is your information. feels a bit lost and muted. really cool concept, though. looking forward to seeing it done!
Donna Harn

mel_nunez

Post by mel_nunez »

hey Nicole nice concepts Personally i love the second concept especially the idea of the splash of paint that you put ...make ke look cool.. :D just have fun!!
Jose nunez

Justin Hubert

Post by Justin Hubert »

Go with the second one it has such better color and it just feels better.
Justin Hubert

DustDjinn

Post by DustDjinn »

Nicole your second layout is screaming awesome to me. Great Job!
Dustin Hill

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Great using of colors and image elements. That color "splash" on the header looks awesome.
Alexey Makovskiy