what's up with this button???

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
OliviasMama12

what's up with this button???

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Michael-

Ok I've figured out how to put a button ON the page (background image) instead of under or above it. (thank you!) I even got it to have a rollover where the appearance changes, which I'm pretty stoked about. But now every time I place my button over my background image, it is always by default positioning in the upper left hand corner. I need all my buttons to be stacked one on top of another and all aligned to the left. The first button should start right about where the fish is in the "semi-"upper left hand corner. The rest of the buttons should appear below the first button. How do I go about correctly positioning each button?

Thank you in advance,
Nikki
Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 1.53.43 PM.jpg
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: what's up with this button???

Post by Instructor »

Your button is actually placing perfectly normally given how HTML works.

I'd create a button container div and position it where the buttons should go using top and left margin and then stack your buttons in that. That div should put 'em in the right spot and keep 'em corralled.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173