Final project 1 from Nicole Medrano

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
OliviasMama12

Final project 1 from Nicole Medrano

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi everyone, Nicole Medrano here. Well attached is my Final project 1 for grc 175. I went with the picture frame concept from the first critique because almost everyone said that it was the stronger of the two designs, as well as a more unique concept. I changed the body copy font to a basic sans-serif font to improve legibility because the previous typeface was too decorative and cutesy for most of the class. I also shortened the body copy paragraph length so the viewers eyes don't get tired. I did get a few comments about "too much white in the original design, so I decided to use a bolder (but still neutral) brick pattern as a background, instead of the stock pattern supplied with photoshop that I was using. I've moved around some of the elements so hopefully the viewers eyes are directed in this order: My photo, then my body copy paragraph, and up to the next "column" with the directory of links. I hope the arrangement is successful because this "order" is how most people in western culture would read a newspaper or magazine article.

Thanks in advance for the feedback everyone.
Attachments
GRC 175 Spring 2013 Project 1 FINAL
GRC 175 Spring 2013 Project 1 FINAL
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

re8ecca

Re: Final project 1 from Nicole Medrano

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Nicole - I think all of your icons and picture frames are wonderful. It's a charming design. I went back and looked at your original background, and I have to say that I like it much better than the current background. The bricks are too large and dark, and they're competing with the elements in front. I'd push that background WAY back, and I'd scale it so the bricks are in the correct proportion to the illustrations.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Nicole
Very cool final layout. I love the way you added the side curtains on the side of your project. It kind of gives me the spotlight feeling, which is great!
jen
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

Very colorful design! I like the idea of making links as icon buttons. Good job!
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

I really like the idea of using the picture frames however i think adding some color into them will make them push your design into a stronger field.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Nicole.

This is an awesome improvement over the first version. I love the colors you've incorporated into your picture frames and I really like the brick background, because it looks like your frames are just hanging on a wall. I do kind of want your title buttons under your frames to have more of a blue tinge, so it matches with the blue along the top better. Also, maybe try to lessen the yellow glare in the bottom left, because it's a little jarring after the more neutral colors up top and in the middle. And on a totally random note, you have "February 2011 to March 2013" in your bottom line, and I wasn't sure if that's what you actually wanted to put or not.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

mawpe

Post by mawpe »

I think that this is a very well composed and eyepleasing site, but I think it could be even better without the brickwall. The bricks are distracting and you could have a nice nuetral background with just a solid color and some 'wall' texture, like on house walls.
Mark Pederson

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Howdy! Nice job incorporating elements from both your previous designs! I do agree, however, with the others about your brick back. It seems to be taking away from the most important thing... you! :) Very nice job, Nicole! :)
Donna Harn

Martin5Ar

Post by Martin5Ar »

Love it! Awesome job Nicole. I'm fascinated with your color scheme and your content. Your type works very well with your design and it gives us a warm and happy feeling of "Welcome". There's just one thing I'd like to see different. I think I would add some effects to your personal picture such as paint looking effects or something. Anyways, your design is amazing.
Martin Aranda

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

Hi Nicole,
AWESOME final layout! :D I like how you changed the different elements around and what you added into the frames.
The text is easier read and my eye can flow the elements on the page. I'm really enjoying this design!
Maria Nunez