mark pederson final design project one

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
mawpe

mark pederson final design project one

Post by mawpe »

Hi everybody, thanks for all the great input. I had originally planned to go with my other design because this design comes dangerously close to a motivational poster and that is really not my style at all. However most of the critiques seemed to favor this one, so I went with it.
Since the last time I have added links and shifted the colors a little darker. The links, ideally would be those little shapes by themselves untill you hover the mouse and then the words would stream out of them. Maybe some animation of the little "bird" shapes would add something, if we get to that level.
Attachments
m_pederson_homepage.png
Mark Pederson

re8ecca

Re: mark pederson final design project one

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Mark - The composition and color scheme in the photo are just dynamite. I like how you've used the arrows to direct your text and menu options, but I'd get rid of the extraneous arrows that are floating around in the background. They just distract me. And no, I still don't like the green and red highlights in the paragraph text.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

jennybreitrick

Post by jennybreitrick »

Mark
Your overall layout of your page is great. The skyscrapers in the beginning made me fell dizzy, as if I was really there and now that you added your text up there is just adds to the overall emotion. Great job in making the viewer feel an emotion after looking at your page.
jenny breitrick

Alexey M

Post by Alexey M »

I love the angles and perspective here! Very nice work.
I not sure how you ll make the gradient from gray to white of your text. Is there a way?
Alexey Makovskiy

gokudera08

Post by gokudera08 »

its awesome i have nothing else to say lol.
C.J. Norris. Clark Norris.

I'mNicole

Post by I'mNicole »

Heya Mark.

I really like how you've incorporated your links and the twisty look of them definitely adds to the surrealistic feel of this layout. I'm still a big fan of the picture you're using, and how your text is simple and straightforward so it doesn't draw away from that appreciation. But I still don't like your birds! And now that you're using some of them to point out your links, having those random arrows floating in the background just confuses me. And as the rest of your loopy text is supposed to be links, I'm expecting the "I am fascinated" line to be a link too, so I hope that's your intention.
"The world is full of ignorant people who don't know what you have just found out." - Unknown

unrepentant nerd/bookworm/geek,
Nicole Hicks

OliviasMama12

Post by OliviasMama12 »

Hi Mark! I'm enjoying how interesting this layout looks- the imagery points this way and that to the typography, which in turn is kind of directing my eye back to the imagery. While it can seem a bit scattered, you're layout has me interested enough to where my eye is willing to sort through it all. Great job!
Nicole Medrano
GRC 175 student

Heyyou

Post by Heyyou »

Mark,

The use of the curving links works to create some hierarchy, but I think that the body copy is too large compared to the links. I think that your newer layout is much more dynamic that your last layout and plays off the outstanding image that your chose for your background.

Aharon
Oh stewardess, I speak jive

Aharon Williams

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Great dynamics and movement within your design. I like everything you've done here, Mark. It looks really great!
Donna Harn

nunezm

Post by nunezm »

HI Mark,
I'm glad you went with this design. I'm love it :D I like the movement you created with links and the different rotations. It looks very professional . Awesome Design!!! :D
Maria Nunez