project 3 prelim critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
JohnLemieux

project 3 prelim critique

Post by JohnLemieux »

Here are my links to my project 3 rough.

Example 1 index: http://grc175.com/student/spring_2012/j ... _rough.pdf
Example 1 inner: http://grc175.com/student/spring_2012/j ... _rough.pdf

Example 2 index: http://grc175.com/student/spring_2012/j ... _rough.pdf
Example 2 inner: http://grc175.com/student/spring_2012/j ... _rough.pdf

The first page design is primarily focused around the text information for the site. There won't be a lot of imagery involved in the actual webpages. The links are standard button links that remain static throughout all of the pages of the site.

In the second design there will be a lot more imagery in the form of photos. The index page content box will be divided into 5 sections, each one will be reduced to sienna images to give it a faded photo look and when rolled over, will be turned to full color imagery. The photos themselves will be the links with a back button on the inner page to go back to the main page. The inner page background will consist of the full size photo of the link clicked faded into the background which may or may not hinder how the information text will appear.

angelraiders

Re: project 3 prelim critique

Post by angelraiders »

Your second design is a lot better, i like the rollover links on the home page.

Alaxvong

Post by Alaxvong »

I think the first design feels more unified. It seems really green (obviously, but imagery would help.

TommieGuy

Post by TommieGuy »

I like the 2nd version with more images. I would try some different fonts. These fonts have more of a vintage, formal feel. It may be my adjectives aren't right on about that. But I think something a litttle looser may compliment the feel of an 'art' and 'design' program.

love the ideas about the sepia and transparent photos.

sktlz1965

Post by sktlz1965 »

I think you second design is much more interesting and unique and the idea of images as rollovers is very modern and classy. I def like the second design the best. The only thing I suggest is toning down the green, paired with the black its a very dark dominating design and a little overwhelming, especially if you add in sepia tones images. Try uping the green color a bit, but other than that I like it!

Faith
"Design is simply thinking made visual"

artgalstyle

Post by artgalstyle »

I like the second design as well would like to see the green toned down a bit. Maybe once the images are in it won't seem so bold. Also like the idea of the images changing as you roll over. Look forward to seeing what you do with the font.

Laramie

deni

Post by deni »

I like the second idea better. I like the idea of the images changing to full color when rolled over. The overall "feel" is a bit dark, but that may change when you have the images on the design.

Good job

Denise

R3YNO

Post by R3YNO »

Your second design has more a a designer look. Your first set looks like the school is in Ireland or has a strong Irish population. I would go with more a yellow green to reflect the school colors more(if that was your intention).

cheyanne

Post by cheyanne »

The second one is pretty cool but I feel like it looks a little outdated, especially with the forest green color. It should be marketed towards a bit younger of an audience. If I was just coming out of high school I would expect the page to be really eye-catching in order to make me want to pursue the degree...

Mr_nonoffensive

Post by Mr_nonoffensive »

I would change the font and color scheme.