All this talk about Doctor Who ...

Free discussion of anything not related to web design/development. Have fun. Remember: Play nice!
Instructor
Site Admin

All this talk about Doctor Who ...

Post by Instructor »

... made me think of this. A little hiccup, I suppose.

[/youtube]

[/youtube]
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Ravana

Re: All this talk about Doctor Who ...

Post by Ravana »

Thanks for sharing. I managed to miss that. :)

So, how do we feel about Matt Smith as the Doctor? I'm still trying to get used to a lack of David Tennant, even if Matt's doing a credible job (IMO).
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

Im also still getting used to him. I do like him though. Ive just grown so attached to David Tennant. ( and I miss ROSE!)
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

I miss Rose too. The doctor's had alot of companions and they've all been great. But I was attached to Rose. After she left the show I almost felt like I'd lost a dear personal friend.

As for the Doctor... it almost feels like each form he has is a different Doctor, so then when he regenerates you feel like he actually died and you have to get to know a whole new Doctor, not just a different incarnation. I'm always sad to see him change. I still think the very first one was the best, but David Tennant is cool. I've actually seen him in a different program... forgot which one.
- Nathan Lundholm

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

PS: I haven't seen Matt as the Doctor yet but I think I'm getting near that episode. No spoilers please.
- Nathan Lundholm

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

By the way, is it my imagination or do time lords have very hyperactive speech mannerisms?
- Nathan Lundholm

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

I miss Rose too. But, companions can only last so long... tis the nature of the show. And @Lundholm - they actually write it that way. And in fact, within the context of the 'verse, that's exactly what is going on. When Time Lords regen, they are both the same and different people. It's a dichotomy, to be sure, but that's the nature of Time Lords. :D

Also, River Song is now running through my head talking about "Spoilers" in that way of hers. :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

Yeah, regeneration seems like one form of time lord "procreation" so to speak.
- Nathan Lundholm

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

After Rose was gone they actually reintroduced her a couple of times. For those who haven't seen the show yet I won't give away the plot though. But it was a very pleasant surprise to see her again.
- Nathan Lundholm

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

Nathan if you don't want spoilers, definetley DO NOT watch the Videos that the Instructor posted! FOR SURE! I think that even though I miss rose.. I happen to like Amelia (amy) She has the youngness of Rose but the Spunk of Donna kwim!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"