Prelim Project 04

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Laura

Prelim Project 04

Post by Laura »

Hello! For now here are my 8 rough drafts.
Attachments
rough_02_main.jpg
rough_02_main_mobile.jpg
rough_02_seondpage.jpg
rough_02_second_mobile.jpg
rough_01_main.jpg
rough_01_mobile.jpg
rough_01_second.jpg
rough_01_secondpage_mobile.jpg
~Laura Nelson~

troutbelli

Re: Prelim Project 04

Post by troutbelli »

Laura,

Wow, you never let us down. I can't even tell you which one I like best so I will say the white background. Your graphics and choice of colors are fantastic.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Laura,

I have to say I really like your first designs they are so creative and I feel that they represent the graphic arts media and technologies well! I also love that use of color. For your Degrees and Certificates I think it would be a better Idea to put it below your cool patterns since I think it gets a little lost in it. Good work!
Melissa Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh sweet! Those top ones have it. Going. On.

I love how wide open both your mobile and computer designs feel. That white background looks so shiny and clean and I love how open and refreshing it feels. The multicolored vector lace lines make for an eye catching header and footer and are such a strong visual element. They grab the eye and don't let go, moving they eye through the layout and acting as the perfect frame on your mobile layout. Good choice with your fonts. I think the sans-serif goes well with the open, forward looking theme you've established here. And that front page logo blend of fonts is just about perfect. Very eye-catching and really sells the program in just a few short words on the strength of it's typography. You've got a great palette to place your content here. I'm curious to see how you'll make your navigation work for the inner pages, though I could see a case for a hub-and spoke website here.

I think it'd look better to carry the twisting lace across the top on the computer layouts. It makes for such a nice frame on your mobile versions, I'd love to see that get carried through on your computer versions and vector line works like these are easy to find so that should be not hideous to make. I'd also leave a little more room between the bottom of your bullets/bodycopy and the bottom twisty lace line, just so it looks a touch more open. It'd look even better if you pulled the serif type you use as the header on your computer inner page and swap it for a sans-serif type like the rest of them like you do on your mobile version.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love the colorful swirls! This feels unique and simple at the same time! I would maybe simply some fonts but other than that, great job!

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Laura,
Beautiful designs, I really like the 4th design more the black and teal colors scream digital class. Which is cool. And I like the cord on there to. You could just play around with the layout more. Overall great JOB! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi! I love both your designs I actually don't think I could choose one over the other. I think both of them have unique things about them. I suggest moving the text around and see if you like it better in some areas more than others.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

I think your web design is really cool and beautiful. I think you made a great atmosphere by making good use of space and using various colors. I think the first design is really beautiful and cool.

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

I think your first design is a bit better, it really gives of GAMT vibes a bit better. Both are great though.

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Laura,

Great job! I am loving that first one. It's a mix of professionalism and creativity. I'd suggest trying to go a bit bigger with the type since there is so much white space.
Sandra Torres