Project 04 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
SandraT

Project 04 Preliminary

Post by SandraT »

Hi Everyone,

Here are my 8 roughs for project four. I am not sure whether I like either design but I am leaning towards the one with the mountains. It feels like something is missing in layout and content. I think they may be too simple but considering how difficult I found the coding, that might be for the better. Let me know what you guys think!
Attachments
computer-1.png
mobile-1.png
computer-inner-1.png
mobile-inner-1.png
computer-2.png
mobile-2.png
computer-inner-2.png
mobile-inner-2.png
Sandra Torres

troutbelli

Re: Project 04 Preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

I think I agree that the version with the mountains is better. The mobile version that says Overview looks a bit washed out, maybe adding the blue/grey to the image might make the difference. Don't blame you on coding. Tough stuff
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Sandra,

I like both designs but I think the second one is better. I like how you made the backgrounds have mountains thats so smart, I had not thought about doing that. I really like the blue mountain maybe you could make another page with a green one.
Melissa Sanchez

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,
I really like both of your designs. The design with the mountain stands out more than the one does. Great color choice.

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You know, it's funny. I should like the mountain one better, but I keep coming back to your first one. It's clean and simple and has good contrast.

I think it's the simplicity that brings me back. That or the breaking of the box model by using a big graphical circle as the container. It's very appealing. I also like that your navigation is right there to the left. Your type is easy to read in a nice single column. You even manage to make TMCC's questionable green look okay. It certainly has good contrast with both the black and the white. Everything is so clean and legible. Surpirsingly enough, it's not dull though. I think it's the use of graphical circles. TYhey break up the usual blocks that websites are comprised of and, sice they are graphics, you can still build the website with blocks as long as you place your circles right to fool people like me.

I'm curious to see what it looks like with pictures in it. I think you can carry your homepage design through to the inner page with minimal disruption. I'm not sure you need a hamburger menu with your nav along the bottom like you have it.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Sandra,
Great designs, everything is easy on the eyes and I can find everything easily. I am a big fan of the mountain layout it brings the page together which is nice. Nice job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love the mountains in the background. I think that would be the most creative direction to go in! I would maybe add some browns into the design but other than that it looks great!

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi! I love that blue background. I like how you took the inspiration from it to make it green to match with TMCC colors! I suggest try another color other than white maybe, white looks good! Up to you if you wanna see how it looks with a pastel of some color.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your design is cool. I think it's good to see how the space is used by dividing the layout through the margins. Especially, I like the illustration that expresses the mountain.

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

I like use of school colors and circles, it makes the page very dynamic.