Project 4 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas

Project 4 Prelim

Post by Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas »

Hi!
I wanted to do a 80's arcade carpet kind of design for the background (think of my Project 1 star design). I tried one design with the background design, and another without it. I like the color schemes for the designs, but I'm not too sure about the layout.
Attachments
project04_prelim_mobile.png
project04_prelim_desktop.png
-samson <3

troutbelli

Re: Project 4 Prelim

Post by troutbelli »

I think I like the version with the gray borders. Your detail is really good. I like that you already have so much info included. Your colors and fonts look nice. The only thing I might change would be to add an image to your design. Otherwise I think these are really nice.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hey Samson,

I think its a cool Idea that you were going for a 80's arcade carpet design! I prefer your second designs that have the green and black background. I honestly think you could add a bit of white to make things pop like headers for the paragraphs.
Melissa Sanchez

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hello,
Your designs are great. I really like the gray colored design. Both look really nice and I like the colors on both. You did are great job on your designs.

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting choice, Sampson. It almost looks like a newspaper or a newsletter. I'm usually one to bang on about contrast, but I actually like your lighter colored first design better. I know, I'm shocked too.

I think it's your use of TMCC's hideous green as a splash color to attract the eye on your mobile version that stood out to me. That and hoe clean it is. Everything is tight but not crowded. You're doing a good job of riding that edge on your margins. Your type choices are similarly clean. Very easy to read and pull info from. You've got strong headers and footers that make for great framing devices. Your navigation is well placed on both your mobile and computer layouts. You also use contrast well. Everythiong pops out nicely.

I'd love to see a few pictures in these designs too. And, I can't believe I'm saying this, just a little more of TMCC's hideous green as an eye-grabber color on your computer layouts. I don't think your hamburger needs to be quite that big on your computer version.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I really like the vibe you went for! I would only suggest changing the font maybe, to stand out more, but other than that, great job!

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Samson,
Great work, these are very well organized and detailed which is awesome. I am liking the black background a bit more it makes everything pop out more. Just play around with layout , but overall awesome work! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi! The design idea is coming along great. I hope it turns out how you wanted, my only nit-pick is that I think it's a whole lot of text in the overall area and looks overwhelming to me
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello.

I think your design is cool. I think your design is a good combination of green and black. Also, your layout is well organized and comfortable to see.

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

I think the page displays a bit too much information in a small space. The design is great, just spread out some of the info.