Project 4 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Benjamin_Anderson

Project 4 Preliminary Critique

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hello everyone,

I had a lot of fun designing these designs. Here they are.
Attachments
design 2.jpg
design 2.2.jpg
design 2.2 part 2.jpg
design 2 part 2.jpg
design 1.jpg
design 1.2.jpg
design 1.2 part 2.jpg
design 1 part 2.jpg

Laura

Re: Project 4 Preliminary Critique

Post by Laura »

Hi! Nice options, I like how you completely different. The landscape background is always nice. The glowing font is cool. I would pick something different than black. But these are great starts, nice job.
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Made a mistake here are revised designs.
Attachments
design 2.jpg
design 2.2.jpg
design 2.2 part 2.jpg
design 2 part 2.jpg
design 1.jpg
design 1.2.jpg
design 1.2 part 2.jpg
design 1 part 2.jpg

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

These are nice. It's hard to tell which one I like better. I am a bigger fan of the one that you used the image. It shouts Truckee Meadows.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Benjamin,
I like your designs but I would like to see that its part of the TMCC GAMT program, the imagery helps a lot and I feel that it brings your work together. maybe find colors that are a bit more eligible. But overall greta job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I like the version with the landscape background most, but would want to see the tmcc logo! Great job though!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ha! I've never had someone redesign the class website before. Congratulations on the first. That Michael guy, what does he know?

I like the one with the scenic background the best. The background pic is the most visually interesting. The layout seems pretty clean and you have plenty of room to add content as you need. The navigation is easy to see and find. Good use of margin. Everything is nicely separated and organized.

I'd like to see it more closely related to TMCC and graphic communications. Both of your designs are a little disconnected visually from their subject right now. I'm not sold on the blue and black type. I think it blends in too much. You need to use lighter colors and some of those cool transparencies you whipped out for Project Two. These layouts need those transparencies to separate the content out from the background images. Also, include some smaller illustrative pics in the content as well. Maybe on some of the inner page use panoramics of the TMCC campus as background images

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi! I like the first design a lot. The black background one is clean but I think it doesn't have much visals to look at.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I really like your second web design. I think the match between black background and white type color is perfect.

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

I like the tree design. The text could use some sort of translucent box behind it, just so it stands out a bit better. Over all very nice