Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Aub

Project 04 Prelim

Post by Aub »

Hi so these are my designs. I did 8 in total, 4 of mobile (two pages of front and two pages of a random inner page) and 4 of pc versions (same thing). I liked the idea of separating the logo in a different "tab" so I did it with both. I'm not 100% sure which one i would like to do yet but I do plan on drawing the icons on the mobile version better and filling in the default images.
Attachments
pc02_inner.jpg
pc02_home.jpg
pc01_inner.jpg
pc01_home.jpg
mobile02_inner.jpg
mobile02_home.jpg
mobile01_inner.jpg
mobile01_home.jpg
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Laura

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by Laura »

Hey, great ideas, they are looking good. My favorite is the picture of the school with the green rectangle with opacity. Those look great. Good layout and colors. Good start!
~Laura Nelson~

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

These definitely jump out at you. They are fun to look at and I think you have a great base to work with. I'm sure once you get your images placed it will really come alive.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

I like your second set of designs! I think the black goes well with your images and I like the addition of the green low opacity box.
Melissa Sanchez

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,
I like your second design, the picture of TMCC is great. Both have great color. You did a great job on both of the design.

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'm all about that chalkboard one, Aub. That's fun as all get out. And relatively easy to do.

I love how "unofficial" it feels. That adds a lot of opportunities for fun, which you seem to be taking advantage of. I like the way your navigation feels like a big sticker stuck on the chalkboard one. It's certainly easy to see with it's colors and "island of normalcy" vibes. The chalkboard gives you a lot of freedom to experiment with layouts and weird sketches for the isntrator bios and other unusual ways of presenting information. Your top bar is great too. It's got good visual texture and makes for an excellent framing device for your chalkboard. I like your font choice as well. It's unusual enough to be memorable, but easy to read.

I think your subhead font in the chalkboard is too clean and normal. You should add a handwriting font. Normal fonts are for your green header and navigation sticker. Even in your navigation, I'd recommend a sans-serif font. Keep with what you've established in your green top bar.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I love how clean and simple this looks and I love the low opacity boxes you used. I would maybe add a strong font to allow for your design to stand out a bit more but other than that, great job!

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hey Aub,
Great designs I'm really liking the second design. It's really professional and calming to view which I'm all about calm. Everything flows nicely and is easy to read, Just play around with the layout a bit more. Great job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Aub,

These designs look good. I think the one with a dark background is working better than the ones with the images. The green rectangle on top of the image doesn't really make it easier to read the type. Maybe you can try moving up the opacity or choosing a different font color?
Sandra Torres

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your design is good. I think your idea is good. It's good to know your idea such as layout type placement.