Project Two Final(late)

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
ngrunwald

Project Two Final(late)

Post by ngrunwald »

Hello, I know this is a late submission, but I was really trying to make my website responsive using flex; that turned out to be much harder than I anticipated. I know that my website should work on chrome and safari but that is it. This was my first time ever using code and I see now how much time and effort goes into coding these really good looking websites. It was fun getting to know how to code properly but very frustrating at times when it wasn't doing what I had coded. Overall, I think that my website looks good on the browsers you can view it on, but I need to get a better understanding on flex and grid for future projects.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... h-grunwald
Noah Grunwald

troutbelli

Re: Project Two Final(late)

Post by troutbelli »

Noah,

This looks great. I love your colors and design. Overall it looks really professional. The buttons didn't line up on the right, but did anyone's? Nice job!
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Laura

Post by Laura »

Great job, you did awesome! Impressed and jealous, keep up the good work. It is tough, but you rocked it! Congrats on your first website. Looked great!
~Laura Nelson~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! This layout looks really well put together! I love the blue color scheme and patterns. Great job

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! This layout looks really well put together! I love the blue color scheme and patterns. Great job

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Noah,

When I open it, the type is overlapping. Not sure if that's because I'm viewing it on Safari. Great job getting everything up and visible!
Sandra Torres

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Noah,
Wow :o Great job. I am absolutely likening the final layout and when I hover over the projects it gets surrounded by the box, I am glad everything worked out and you managed to do your website. Can’t wait to see the rest later on. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, the rad topo map one! This came out really cool, Noah. You should be proud.

This looks almost exactly like your design and the changes you did make are improvements. The whole thing comes back to the super cool topographic map background image. That thing's cool as all get out and helps lead the eye around your composition. Goes well with your logo too. It's dark enough to make for good contrast with your type which is easy to read. Having a single simple type choice and then varying the weight on it makes for a very legible page. The way you've laid everything out makes your pic the visual center of the layout, the eye gravitated to it. Great use of margin everywhere. All your objects have so much room to breathe.

I'm still not sure it needed the semi-transparent background behind the bodycopy, though it did turn out well. I wish your logo was a little larger seeing it in a browser now.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your web design is cool. The background with cool colors and wavy patterns is really cool. Also, I think the layout is well divided. And I think the type style and type size match well. Nice work!

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

Great work on translating your design to HTML. There' still some issues with the main page, but those'll be ironed out over time. Good work.