Project 4 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Melissa Sanchez

Project 4 prelim

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

With the first designs I wanted to use more of that Tmcc green as well as the mascot. I think I prefer the first set of designs compared to the other ones. It was fun trying to find a way to incorporate the green into the designs. With the second set of designs I liked putting shapes over images and having a darker opacity for certain elements to pop out. These were fun to make, and it was interesting to play with different layout options.
If I were to change anything maybe Id add more text or design elements onto the instructors page since it looks pretty empty and I have a lot of Negative space.
Attachments
mobile_overview.png
overview.png
overview.png (2.01 MiB) Viewed 83 times
moblie_instructors.png
instructors.png
instructors.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 83 times
mobile_instructors_2nd_versionai.png
instructors_2.png
mobile_overview_2.png
overview_2.png
overview_2.png (4.71 MiB) Viewed 83 times
Melissa Sanchez

troutbelli

Re: Project 4 prelim

Post by troutbelli »

You're ahead of the game. This looks great. I love the use of the lizard! Great colors. Your first one is definitely my favorite. It really gets your attention.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! The first layout is for sure, my favorite! The use of a low opacity box was smart!

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hey! I love the first design a lot. The second design is nice too, I just think that the TMCC logo could stand out more since it took me a second to find it!
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi, good job, these are looking good. I like the first set of layouts, more appealing. The lizard is always fun!
~Laura Nelson~

Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas

Post by Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas »

Looks good! I really like how you use an almost transparent shape to put text, and I feel like your designs are very strong! I like your second layout a lot, though maybe bring over some of the TMCC green used in your first design? I'm curious as to how it would look with the design. Overall, very strong designs!
-samson <3

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,
I really like the frog design. Your colors are great. I think this design, I think that the picture is really funny, and works really well with the design.

Benjamin Anderson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, I think I like your second one better, Melissa.

That second design feels cleaner and it minimizes TMCC's questionable lime green. I really like the photo backgrounds to your pages. They add visual texture and interest. I'm excited to see what images you use for your other three pages. I love your use od transparency too. Everything is juuuuust opaque enough that the photo doesn't impact the text and it pops the text out just enough to read. This is particularly true of your navigation which is easy to spot. I like that it's in the same place on every page. I also like the visual interest of the diagonal inner page. That'll be a little bit of code to make work, but it's doable. Nice selection of font's as well. A simple sans-serif is clean and goes well with your layout and design.

I'd add some extra leading toy your bodycopy. It feels a little tightly packed together right now. Make sure your subheads are evenly vertically aligned withing their semi-transparent boxes.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I think it was really cute that you added the lizard, but my favorite direction to go in would be the 2nd option. It feels simple and modern almost. Great job!

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Melissa,
Love your designs, they are simple but appealing to the eye. My favorite will have to be the one with the ouside view of the campus. Its very inviting and calm, which could make people view it that way. Great job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]