Project 2 final (late)

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
EleanorVanEve

Project 2 final (late)

Post by EleanorVanEve »

Obviously, my project is very late. I can't figure out how to get it live. Attached are screenshots of what my website is supposed to look like vs. what it currently looks like. I did redo my website design as I learned more about functional UX design. I kept the same elements for consistency. It does not look at all how I intended and am having a hard time using the href element. I think I prefer design over development.
Attachments
Expectations
Expectations
Reality
Reality
Eleanor Van Evera

Aub

Re: Project 2 final (late)

Post by Aub »

Yeah i'm struggling too! I think a lot of us are. Your website is really cute I don't think ive seen it before it looks great! Let's hope we can get this working in the future.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've really switched your design up, Eleanor! I encourage that by the way since you've learned much more since your first project. This new design looks almost like a page out of a diary. I love the handwriting font and the little plant and animal graphics that look like little stickers. I almost want to scratch and sniff them. The whole layout feels very light and hand written. Even the class info at the bottom looks like it was written and then marked with a highlighter. I find it all very easy to read. It has a great presence to it.

The only things it could have used were a paper textured background and a little more space between the class info and the rate my page forms element at the bottom. It's also missing links for Project Three and Project Four.

As for putting it live, don't hesitate to reach out to me for help on getting it up there.

I made a video on FTP which is here:
https://tmcc-edu.zoom.us/rec/share/CkXA ... 928128000

And I made a video on uploading Project Two, which is here:
https://tmcc-edu.zoom.us/rec/share/RlGu ... 37222000

I'm always available to ask questions of, so feel free to reach out via Canvas or Email.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Eleanor,

I like the new design! It gives me both art and nature vibes too! I think the colors go well together. Hopefully you'll be able to get it live.
Melissa Sanchez

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

You have really got your site evolving. It really looks great. Don't stress about getting the website link until you can, I got mine to work but my site looks like a little kid did it. sigh
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi! Great design, your layout looks awesome! Nice start and you will get there. all of this is really tough. Your website will go live and will look great! nice start.
~Laura Nelson~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I see your vision for sure and I l love the handwritten font you used!

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Eleanor,

I like the imagery that your current site has. It's interesting how different it looks from original; I like it! I'm sure it'll look great when it's live.
Sandra Torres

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hey Eleanor,
No worries at all I feel like we’re all in the same boat here. But I just know when its finished its going to look fantastic, It just of matter of being patient. Can’t wait to see your improved website, good luck! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your web design is well made. A neat background and a cute cat picture catch my eyes. And the layout is well divided, so it's comfortable to see. Nice work!