Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Olivia_haltom

Project 2 Final

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hi! I also had a hard time figuring out how to code my website the way I wanted it to look, so its pretty simple with everything that required, but not as pretty as I wanted it to look!
You should be able to copy and paste the link down below to open it up, and its also visible through the student work section on the class website.

file:///C:/Users/olivi/OneDrive/Desktop/project-2-ogh/index.html

***update: I'm working on fixing the link I pasted, but my website is visible through student work :)

Michael Edit: Olivia's website is indeed viewable through her student work folder. You can find it here: h[url]ttps://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2024/olivia-haltom/[/url]
Last edited by Olivia_haltom on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

troutbelli

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Olivia,

It says File Not found. This is a bummer, but at least we are in good company!

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello! I wish i could see your images at least oh well, this one was hard. It'll be okayy I hope
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Laura

Post by Laura »

Couldn't see the page, but I am sure you did great.
~Laura Nelson~

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Olivia,

I couldn't see the site through the link but I did see it from the student work page. Looks good with a clean layout.

Good job
Sandra Torres

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

It looks like you've done your best to preserve the cleanliness of your design as you've built it in HTML.

You've carried through the gentleness of your design into this website build. I like the use of the small sans-serif type as it makes the whole thing look like a menu from a classy restaurant. Your lavender background works well with your dark pink title and green text. I have not trouble reading your text and your navigation is easy to find and use. Your dividers, while a little thick, do a good job of sectioning the website into discrete parts. Your navigation ie easy to find and use and fits well with your upscale menu branding. Your self portrait feels mysterious and helps add to the cafe energy of this place almost like you're a diner at another table.

It seems your bodycopy and your image is a link to a file called "project 3 page.html" which was not uploaded. I think you have a stray open <a> tag on or about line 52 in your code. The code seems a little messy in general. I think your image and bodycopy would have worked better if they were each in separate containers within a container that was styled with a "disply: flex;" that would allow you to put them next to each other with the power of flexbox. The default blue of the links clashes a bit with your other colors.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hey Olivia,
I was able to see what you had and it looks great so far, I know that yours had lots of detail which could be tedious when coding but you got this! we are all learning and helping each other out. Great job!
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

I think your website is well done. The pink background and your picture go well together. Also the layouts are well divided, so it was easy to see! Nice work!!

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Olivia,
Your website looks good so far. The nav bar looks good, I like the hover you included for your links. Great job
Noah Grunwald

CadenM

Post by CadenM »

I like the animated links when they're hovered over. Good work overall.