project 02 final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
Verenisse

project 02 final

Post by Verenisse »

Hey guys, so here is my website, no matter how much I tried to fix it, stuff wouldn't work out, and I couldn't place it with student work. So here is the overall HTML file I was able to grasp. Hopefully, you could still click and sort of see what I was going for. Seems I'm not the only one. :( I'm completely new to coding so this was confusing even with videos, but I tried. Thank you. :D
edit: managed to get it fixed so it should show up now
:D :D

here is the website: just copy the link below and place it on a new browser and it should show up.
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... se-rincon/
final design
final design
Last edited by Verenisse on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

troutbelli

Re: project 02 final

Post by troutbelli »

I totally get you on this. I fought for 3 hours last night trying to get my site to post.
I still like your design. Always whimsical and cute. Nice job. Good luck!
Tough stuff this coding

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello I still love your website design with the cute profile picture, I'm glad you got it to work in a way it's really hard for me too since I'm new to coding. Good job
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,
Your design is great! The thing that I noticed is that you need to change the name of your html file to call it index.html. Then you upload that to filezilla and put it into your file name for the class. I hope that helps.

Benjamin Anderson

Laura

Post by Laura »

Great start and definitely nice try. I completely feel ya, you are not the only one for sure. I think a lot of us are struggling. I have watched so many videos. It is difficult stuff and then trying to do a ton of stuff all at once without any practice for us who have not done any coding before. Your design is great and when it is fully up and running, it will look awesome. You can do it, keep going!
~Laura Nelson~

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the purple color scheme and imagery all together!

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Verenisse,

Your site looks great. It has all your necessary components and I'm sure it'll work well once it's up.
Sandra Torres

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Unfortunately, the link you posted was a local computer link and will not work for those of us who don't have access to your computer. I tried digging around in the files you put online on the server and I think I found your home page here: (https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... gorund.html). Unfortunately, you don't have your HTMLs looseleaf, you have them in a folder labeled "pages". Because you separated them out into a folder, it broke the links to all your images which are in a folder called "Artboards" that is outside your "pages" folder. I can't give you too much feedback on what's live because it is a bit of a mess at the moment. Also your links are looking for another folder inside your "pages" folder. If I remove one of those "pages" from your links, they seem to work. The whole thing needs a cleanup and reorganization to work properly.

That being said, looking at your design that you posted, I really like the optimistic flavor of it. It feels very bouncy and alive. I give a lot of credit to your excellent font choices, which are working hereb in your design file and on your live website. You colors do a good job of reinforcing your optimism and and bounciness as does your clown avatar. I see your purple type on your live website by the way so some of the color even made it there. Everything is well laid out in your design. My eye has an easy time moving through it. You also have a good sense of margin there. Everything has room to breathe and nothing feels crowded.

Good effort! I feel like your live website is thisclose to coming to life. I think if you cleaned up your site structure, it would work much better.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello,

Your web design is really cool. The logo on the left seems to go well with the background color. Also, I think the layout of the navigation is well arranged. And I think the type style is neat and looks good.

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi,
Your layout looks good so far. The colors you chose for your background make your image pop. It'll look good when you get it up. Great job
Noah Grunwald