Project 03 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
SandraT

Project 03 Preliminary

Post by SandraT »

Hello everyone,

I decided to redesign the Delish.com website. This task was harder than I thought and I actually struggled to think of how to design it. I saw some competitor sites and decided I would try and categorize to minimize the amount of images on the page. I think these are perhaps too simple.
https://www.delish.com
Attachments
computer_rough_01.png
mobile_rough_01.png
computer_rough_03.png
mobile_rough_03.png
computer_rough_02.png
mobile_rough_02.png
computer_rough_04.png
mobile_rough_04.png
Sandra Torres

troutbelli

Re: Project 03 Preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Sandra,

Not too simple at all. I really like the white version. I like how you reduced opacity of the images as a background. Gave it a nice professional look.
The red one for me reminded me of panda ex. I'm sure it was just due to the red & black.

Cheers!

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the layouts containing the red background. Red is often associated with food so that color pallets feels right as the viewer! Great job

Laura

Post by Laura »

HI! I love these, I love anything food. My favorite is the red layouts. The red looks great and then contrasting with the black and white. I like the circles, I think they look better than the squares. I would use a color for sure, the white does not have enough contrast. I love the background and then opacity over it, it looks professional. I know this is roughs, and I don't know how detailed you are going to be, but I suggest putting amounts for ingredients and then having the serving/difficulty/time below. Then on another page having the actual recipe. They look great, good job!
~Laura Nelson~

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Sandra,
Pretty neat designs you have. I really like the second design with the red background it makes not only your type pop but also the dishes that you present. I would only suggest playing around with the layout, and adding maybe a bit more info, since the mobile layouts of your second design seem just a bit empty towards the bottom. But that pretty much all, great start. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hey I really enjoy the red backgroundnone more, its your choice wince they both look nice but good choice on the red background it makes everything pop
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hell Sandra,

I think your web design is better that the original website. It' well divided by type of food and the photos are well sized, so it's easy to see. I think first design is cleaner and more comfortable to see than the second design. Also, I think it's good to have the white background as an accent.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Alright! I'm getting hungry just looking at these designs. Now I've got to go eat.

Usually, I'm mister freaking contrast in these critiques, but I actually like your paler first design better. It functions like a scrapbook or a frame around your delicious food images. The faded light background images just make the full color food images stand out that much more and draw the eye into them. I mean, it still uses contrast, just not as dramatically as your other design. Your margins throughout this thing are close but not tight. Really riding the line there. Great use of transparency throughout. It adds a lot of visula interest. That script type just makes the perfect headline and logo font' Really helps lock the whole thing together. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, to use. May I also compliment you that your recipe pages get straight into the recipe and don't have half a dozen paragraphs of SEO-friendly pablum to wade through before we get to it.

Your bodycopy seems bold, especially on the recipe pages. I think going down a couple of notches on the boldness will still stand out against your pale background. You might want to open your margins up a touch. They're okay, but right on the edge of being too close.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Sandra,
I think your did a great job with both of your designs. I like the background your put on them both. Out of the two I like the red a little more. It was eye catching and the pictures popped more on that one. Great work.
Noah Grunwald