Proj 03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
anacatnic

Proj 03 Prelim

Post by anacatnic »

Hello!!

Hope everyone is doing good!! Here are my designs, though I go back and change some things around. The original site is very small and dated, but it has the structure of something good. I did have to change the photo on the home page, but I tried to pay homage to it with the menu in the second design. The second page is of the quotes, but all other pages will share the tile (I think i might change the aspect ratio). Let me know what you think!!

Attachments
grc175_proj03_web02_02.png
grc175_proj03_web02_01.png
grc175_proj03_mobile02_02.jpg
grc175_proj03_mobile02_01.jpg
grc175_proj03_web01_02.png
grc175_proj03_web01_01.png
grc175_proj03_mobile01_02.jpg
grc175_proj03_mobile01_01.jpg
-- Anastasia Valory 8-)

Olivia_haltom

Re: Proj 03 Prelim

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! These layouts are all really well done! I like the tan navigation bar layout the best. It feels the most natural!

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi! These are great starts! I really like the photo, the colors used and the organization. I like the second layout because then you can clearly see everything. In that one I like the nav bar, the quote is great and the statue looks good for website. Simple and straight to the point. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

There's not a ton of differences between these two, but what differences there are point me towards the second one. I like the way the quote works around the photo rather than being set on top of it in a text box.

And what a photo it is! The statue is so dramatic. I feel like he's staring down right at me. Immediately eye-catching. I really like how you snagged colors from this statue and used them throughout your composition. They contrast so well. It's the slight orange in your gold. It compliments your blue literally and figuratively. It really locks the whole thing together. Great use of margin throughout this thing as well. Everything has room to breathe. This is a very strong layout in general. Everything seems to fall into place. Your serif fonts work well to create a traditional atmosphere. This website feels stolid and everlasting. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, to use.

The quote doesn't need the period. The way it's arranged now, the period looks massive. The text box for your content might work with your inner pages though.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hello, I really like your designs the image you have really pulls the website idea together, but I am liking the second idea more, It’s really clean and your eyes can navigate without squinting. Just playing around with the layout. A bit more would be my only suggestion. Great work! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hey cool ideas with the background. It fits nicely with your text boxes and I like the negative space there is in the photo and how you used it
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello. I think your design is really cool. It is more diverse and neat than the original design. I think the picture selection is good, too. It is bigger and cleaner than the original design picture. And I think the layout is neat and type size is good. Nice work!

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi,
Both of your designs look really good. I like the second one more, I think that entire picture taking up the background looks good. You also used the empty space well, your text pops more on the second design. great work.
Noah Grunwald

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Hi. I definitely like the first version. I like the color choices. The gray block could possibly be a little less opaque to show the main image. Otherwise I think you did a nice job.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hello,

I like the designs with the text boxes/nav in place. Maybe the hamburger menu looks a bit big and I think it would be fun to have an icon like a pillar to go with the imagery.
Sandra Torres