Prelim project 03-bad website

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Laura

Prelim project 03-bad website

Post by Laura »

Hello! Here are my 8 rough drafts. I am re doing the website "Toronto Cupcakes" I found inspiration from all sorts of different baking, pastry, and cupcake websites. I do use several different ideas for some of the same pages to see what pictures work, colors and fonts. I made two different logos. I had a lot of fun doing this designing.

https://www.torontocupcake.com/occasions.html
Attachments
rough_design02_webhomepage.jpg
rough_design02_computerhome.jpg
rough_design02_websecond.jpg
rough_design02_computersecond.jpg
rough_design01_webhomepage.jpg
rough_design01_computer.jpg
rough_design01_computersecond.jpg
rough_design01_websecond.jpg
~Laura Nelson~

Melissa Sanchez

Re: Prelim project 03-bad website

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Laura,

I have to say I really like the layouts with the cyan/ blue background. It makes it pop. For your first two I think the yellow shapes behind your text blend in a little too much with the background.
Melissa Sanchez

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Laura!

I really like the yellow version, it's really nicely done. The turquoise version is probably the better design though. I think these are really well thought out. Now I need a caramel cupcake. I'm really glad you fixed that odd looking cupcake image they use. Yikes!

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! all of these designs are so cute! I love the layout with the sparkling cupcakes the best. I think the teal background also worked really well.

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi, Laura
Beautiful ideas you have going on, I am really intrigued by your teal design you are able to see and read everything a bit easier than the other designs, and it gives the look of professionalism which I like. I would only suggest playing around with the layout a bit more try and see if you can fit a second cupcake so its not alone :D. Pretty awesome start.
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Good job on the cupcakes its really cute! I love the photos and everything it looks nice and well done
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hell Laura,

I think your design is better than original website design. Unlike the original design, I think all your designs are diverse and colorful. And I think the type fonts are stylish and type colors fit well with the background.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"Frosted Happiness" indeed! I'm all about your first design. It looks like some kind of deranged Instagram post and I'm here for it. It's just so bully and happy. Plus, I want a cupcake now.

Part of what sells it are your great front and center cupcake pics. You've clearly done some digging and unearthed some treasures. I also like how you use colors from the cupcake pics in your layouts. Really helps tie 'em together. The layout looks chaotic, but it actually has a pretty good structure to it. You have your nav in the same place on every page. The information is presented similarly from page to page so people can find it as they need. There is a method to your madness. Good use of margins on the major elements, too. Most of them have plenty of room to breathe. The idea of just mailing your friends cupcakes does have an appeal to it. Plus, I want a cupcake now.

I'd say there's probably a font or two too many here. Maybe use just the two fonts in "Frosted Happiness" for everything else. It'd further tie everything together. Watch the margins on your little transparent boxes there. They're tight to the left and right. Plus, I want a cupcake now.

Good work! I do want that cupcake though.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Laura,
I liked your teal blue design the most. I think that the color choices and the navigation of the layout look cleaner than the others. It is also a little more simple. Overall great work.
Noah Grunwald

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Laura,

I’m loving the designs with yellow in it. I think it represents the cake in a cupcake and the light of candles so well. For the designs with candles though, I’d suggest trying a different type color.
Sandra Torres