project 03 preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Verenisse

project 03 preliminary

Post by Verenisse »

Hi, I'm Verenisse, here are my designs for the bad websites. I was struggling with the layout. I'd appreciate your critiques. :D I believe my designs solve the problem of bad websites by creating something entertaining to look at while still maintaining modesty and cleanliness.
https://www.historianofthefuturex.com/
Attachments
computer layouts
computer layouts
mobile layouts
mobile layouts
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

troutbelli

Re: project 03 preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

Hi V,

I really like your color choices and your fonts really portray the image of the website. The graphics you used are fun and so subtle. It is fun to look at them and see what I can find. Nice job.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Verenisse,
I like the use of colors in your website design, It reminds me of a futuristic look! I would try changing that magenta/pink into maybe white or a lighter color that is easier on the eye.
Melissa Sanchez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I think I like the second one better. I think it's that big relaxing sine wave on your home page.

I definitely see where you're going with this one. I like the yellow and magenta sine wave kind of leads the eye through the home page composition. Even the multiple sine waves on the home page guide the eye from the bottom left to the upper right. An interesting reading direction. Your fonts are interesting too. Even though you have a darker background behind your bodycopy, you actually have decent contrast here. Personally, I think that's because of the pale blue background color. They throw off a kind of 80's tech retro vibe that works here. Your navigation is certainly easy to see and I presume to use.

I would get rid of the light blue around your bodycopy and your navigation buttons. It feels like it's a color too many and unnecessary. I wonder if rather than a medium dark purple for the background of your bodycopy and buttons, a darker version of your background pale blue might be best. Make sure the link text is all the same size. Right now it's different sizes. I also think for your inner pages you should connect your sine wave background lines together so the make a continuous set of diagonal lines, or do a single sign wave live your home page, but make a it a different oscillation and different colors. I'd make 'em match the colors of your home page as well.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I really like the colors you are going with but maybe turn the opacity down on the background colors so that its easier on the eye. Great job!

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi! These are fun and techy designs. I like the wavy lines and the fonts. I agree, I would not have the light blue around the borders. For the first design in the top rectangle I would not make the first letters light blue color, it is just subtle enough that it is hard on the eyes. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

Your designs are great. The different colors work really nice together. I like how different they are compared to the original website.

Benjamin Anderson

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello! I really like your blocky designs with the retro type layout, its fun and the color scheme works well.
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Verenisse,

I think the web design you created looks clear and neat rather than the original design of the website you chose. I think the navigation layout is well organized and well divided. I think it's also good to make the type color a little dark and strong so that it looks good.

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Verenisse,
I really like the color choices your used for your design is all goes together well. I also think that the font your chose to go with fits with the whole design. Great job
Noah Grunwald