project 3 preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
EleanorVanEve

project 3 preliminary

Post by EleanorVanEve »

I chose ProNails Nail Salon. Beware! This site has A LOT of ads... https://placejuice.com/pro-nails-uq3h-h ... e_vignette
Attachments
Concept 1 Web-Home
Concept 1 Web-Home
Concept 1 Web-Gallery
Concept 1 Web-Gallery
Concept 1 Mobile-Home
Concept 1 Mobile-Home
Concept 1 Mobile-Gallery
Concept 1 Mobile-Gallery
Concept 2 Web-Home
Concept 2 Web-Home
Concept 2 Web-Gallery
Concept 2 Web-Gallery
Concept 2 Mobile-Home
Concept 2 Mobile-Home
Concept 2 Mobile-Gallery
Concept 2 Mobile-Gallery
Eleanor Van Evera

troutbelli

Re: project 3 preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

I really enjoy the purple and grey version. It's very easy on the eye and the images you chose work well with the colors. You seem to have thought it out well and conveyed a really nice message.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the layouts you chose but I'd be curious to see the pink color with a gray background instead of that muted green. Great job though, this feels like a real nail website!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your first design the best, Eleanor. It prioritizes imagery in it's content.

When you prioritize imagery like this design does, you cn really chop back on the text since the imagery does so much of the talking. You'll wind up using just a few b its of punchy text here and there to inform the user and tell the story of the brand. Let the pics do the rest of the talking. I especially like that big pic on the home page. You clearly have a sense of placement and layout. The pink, white, and black work well to create contrast. Though I am not a fan of the olive green, I like the different colored square in your logo. Looks like the logo of a high-end cosmetics brand, which seems to be the whole aesthetic they're going for if the store pic is anything to go by. I like the way your design reflects that photo's aesthetic. Good use of margin throughout this thing too. Everything has room to breathe. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, to use.

The only thing that doesn't really work on your design is the olive green background. I'd recommend trying something like a dark flesh color, or a light gray, a slightly pink tinted white, or a pink like the rising sun behind your Shadow Hello Kitty avatar. The olive green is a little... sickly.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi! I want to go here! Love the photos and it is very well organized with good hierarchy of words. I would do the organization and the photos from the first layout with the purple color scheme. I am not a fan of the green you used either, but maybe a different shade of green, or blues or dark purples. Colors that convey peaceful..like at a spa and colors that are appeasing to everyone. Good job, these are great!
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

I really like the pink and green design. I like how you have pictures of hands, and of the chairs. Great job!

Benjamin Anderson

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Eleanor,
Great designs you have, I really like the first designs with the pink, it has good imagery to see the services they provide and its very welcoming. Bright and colorful. I would only suggest playing around with the layout. Great Job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hey i love the color combinations you chose! I suggest playing around with them and see if they look nicer softer/bolder/etc
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Eleanor,

I think your web design is cooler and better than the original website design. Your design is more comfortable to see than the original design. I also think it is neat. And I think it was good to create a space where only pictures are arranged.

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Eleanor,
I liked your first design the most, the color choices were more eye catching. Also, The color choices enhanced the pictures which made it all work together well. Great job.
Noah Grunwald