Project 03 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Ashton_H

Project 03 prelim

Post by Ashton_H »

Here's my preliminary designs for the Yale School of Art
https://www.art.yale.edu/
Attachments
Yale web redesign-01.png
Yale web redesign-02.png
Yale web redesign-03.png
Yale web redesign-04.png
Artboard 1.png
Artboard 1 copy.png
Artboard 1 copy 2.png
Artboard 1 copy 3.png

troutbelli

Re: Project 03 prelim

Post by troutbelli »

Ashton,

These are great. I can't even tell you which one I like the best. You win! (Was this a contest?) I think you did a stand up job on these. Your choice of images and fonts are really well done.

Cheers!
Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Ashton,

Your web designs look good and very professional. I like how you are sticking to the black and white color scheme!
Melissa Sanchez

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! My favorite version was the layout that included the image of yale! It really made the website feel realistic.

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Ashton! I really like the logo, that looks great. The photos are good. The design element/logo in the first one looks good and makes it interesting breaking up all the words. I would suggests something a little different like a color, a contrasting font, some simplification or working on hierarchy a little more. Because it is just black and white, just seems to be all the same. Some of the pages have a lot of words as well. You have great ideas and good elements, just still is a lot. Maybe just some mild adjustments and it can look really good. Nice job.
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

Wow, these designs are great! I really enjoy how different each design of this website is with how many people did this one. It is really enjoyable to see. Your pictures and just doing a plan background is wonderful. Great Job!

Benjamin Anderson

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hey nice job! The layout looks great I suggest playing around with fonts more
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh! I'm all about that first one, Ashton. I really like the grid background. It seems to be working well.

I like the fact that you took a look at the chaos of the Yale website and immediately went into simplification mode. The whole thing reminds me of an oldschool newsletter. Typographically, you've leaned into that as well. They whole thing looks like it was put together on a typewriter in a dorm somewhere. That's a fun aesthetic. The fact that the whole thing is grayscale makes the color images stand out that much more. And what a cool little logo you've designed for them. I like the mix of shapes and how it interacts with the Yale "Y". It works well as a background on the grid. Your navigation is easy to find and, presumably, to use. One of the nice little details of it is that little bullet point you use to indicate what page the user is on. A nice little bit of UI.

I'd continue your grid into your mobile version. I think it's a strong look and will look good there, even if you have to fade it back a little. Given the fact that the whole thing is kind of designed around a newsletter, I wonder if your bodycopy would look better justified. That would give you firmer more defined columns.

Good work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Ashton,
Really neat designs I am liking the professional feel of this and sticking with the black and white as your colors is a really nice idea. I would only suggest playing with the layout. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Ashton,

I think all your web designs are cleaner and better made than the original website designs. I think all the designs are cool and good. In particular, I think the first and second computer web designs are really well made.