Project 3 Preliminary designs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Benjamin_Anderson

Project 3 Preliminary designs

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi everyone,
Here are my designs. I hope they look better then the original design.

https://www.art.yale.edu/
Attachments
design 2.2 part 2.jpg
design 2.2 part 1.jpg
design 2 part 2.jpg
design 2 part 1.jpg
design 1.2 part 2.jpg
design 1.2 part 1.jpg
design 1 part 2.jpg
design 1 part 1.jpg

EleanorVanEve

Re: Project 3 Preliminary designs

Post by EleanorVanEve »

Your designs are certainly cleaner than the website you are remaking. I'm having a hard time believing that is an actual webpage from Yale... it's so terrible! You'd think an Ivy League school would produce something much better... To my critique, I do think you're webpages need a little more content, but I do like the second concept better. The blue skies are always cheery and uplifting.
Eleanor Van Evera

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Hi Benjamin

I like the images you chose. I am not sure how to tie them into Yale, but when you look at their site, it reminds me of a rural elementary school, so you definitely leveled them up. I have to say your cloud image makes me laugh...reminds me of a belly button.
Fun to sites to look at, I can't wait to see where you go with this one.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I really like the cloud design layout and simplicity of it! Maybe try a more unique font for the title YALE. Other than that, great job!

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi! The firework picture is super cool. And I like the glowing font. I think the clouds go along with a school theme better. Just be careful with being able to clearly see all the words. So maybe a shape in front of the clouds so you can still see them but you have more a solid shape or space for words to be seen clearly. Great start!
~Laura Nelson~

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Benjamin,
Cool first designs you have. I really like the first designs because you get to play around with bright colors a bit more, I see that you. Are doing your design based off the Yale School of Arts, but I’m having trouble relating your imagery to the overall meaning of the website. So my suggestion would be to play around with the actual theme of the site. Overall great job can’t wait to see the final. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hi I like the 2 images there are. I suggest putting some more text because just in my opinion it looks empty. For the clouds one maybe explore with opacity
Aubrey Delos Reyes

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Benjamin,

I think your web design is better than original website design. I think the original design is complicated and distracting. I think your design is clean and well divided navigation.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

It's not hard to beat the Yale website. Lol! They have too much fun making it bad every year. I can't wait to see what their students do with it this year.

And you certainly have beaten it here, Benjamin. I like the design with the firework, the bold, glowing Yale, and the script navigation. That's the strongest one here. It uses contrast well to grab the eye and the glow matches the firework. The whole thing has good synergy. And what a pic that firework photo is. Great texture and color there. I like the script for the navigation too. It matches the squiggly firework photo well.

I would have liked to see some inner page content. Especially after that eye grabbing opener. I'd recommend looking for other, similarly high contrast images for your inner page and have each page have a different background image so people can see at a glance what page they're on.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Benjamin,
I think that your designs are clean and very simple. I like your firework design more out of the two, one thing your could do is maybe change the fonts. Great work
Noah Grunwald