Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Aub

Project 3 Preliminary

Post by Aub »

I'm not too proud of these I think I should be doing this in photoshop and not illustrator. Here's my drafts
Attachments
design2_pc.jpg
design2_mobile.jpg
design1_pc.jpg
design1_mobile.jpg
Aubrey Delos Reyes

troutbelli

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by troutbelli »

Aub,

Don't be so hard on yourself. For roughs you have a good start. As much as I like the second, purple/pink version, I think the first one is the hit. You have a good foundation to work with. Since it's goodreads you truly didn't have much to work with. The first site makes me think of a good foundational website like a web bookstore. I think if you were to grab some book covers and drop them on your little books, you might find you like it a little better. Maybe use a stronger contrasting color for the goldenrod. Maybe a blue font? Good luck!

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the look of the yellow one. Its my favorite out of the two. The search bar and everything is so well thought out! Good luck on coding everything, as we all need it haha!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awww! I would have liked to have seen some inner pages with this one. Oh well. That being said, these are not as bad as you think, Aub. The first one is quite a nice, clean design. I like your thinking there.

It's a very clean design; reminiscent of a set of bookshelves, which seems thematically appropriate. I like how the eye is drawn to the rows and rows of books along the page. I can't wait to see what this will look like with real covers in place. Everything has great room to breathe. Your sense of margin is good. The website seems easy to navigate and I have no problem finding your buttons. I like your type choices as well. They feel very antique and kind of remind me of an older book cover. The cream background makes me think of older paper as well. A good theme to build a book review site on.

However, the make or break of this design will be the cover images you pick, so take your time, have fun, and choose well. Also, make the text in your upper right buttons brown. I'm loosing the white type in the golden buttons.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Aub! I like these, I think you did a good job. The yellow one is very well organized and pleasing to the eye. The yellow will end up being a good contrast for most book covers I believe. Really just minor things like the color of the white lettering, the spacing of the book types under the main bar or maybe try right align on sub headers "Novels based on what you like.." to match the goodreads title? On the web maybe just add a tab for types of books to click on as well. My favorite is actually the purple pink because it is fun. Fun shapes and layout. For that one, maybe play around with maybe adding pink and purple to some of the words or something, but overall good job, they both look good.
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Aub!

Your designs are great! I really like the pink and blue one. It a nice design and organized, easy to navigate.

Benjamin Anderson

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hello Aub,
Your designs are great, I am really liking that yellow design its pretty neat and organized, everything falls into place easily, I feel you can play with the layout if you wanted to. Overall great job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Aub,

I think the first web design is neat, simple, and layout is well-organized. The color of the background also gives a warm feeling. I think the second web design is better. There are many shapes and I think it is a variety. I think it is good that the colors also use the two colors to contrast.

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Aub,
I really liked your designs. Your first one design is super neat, and your second is a bit more fun. I personally like your second design the contrast looks good and I also like the navigation for the tabs. Great job
Noah Grunwald

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Aub,

The yellow option does a good job at displaying everything more clearly. You could work on the spacing of your headings. With the covers put in, it’ll make that yellow more inviting.
Sandra Torres