Project 2 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Melissa Sanchez

Project 2 prelim

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

The website I chose was suzanne collins, I realize now how text heavy my designs are especially for the mobile designs so I think I have to cut back on the text because its took much on the eye.https://www.google.com/search?

gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TdIKkgxrTJg9OIvLq1KzMtLVUjOz8nJzCsGAIC2CZY&q=suzanne+collins&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS1082US1083&oq=suzanne+collins&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCggBEC4YsQMYgAQyBwgAEAAYjwIyCggBEC4YsQMYgAQyBggCEEUYOzIMCAMQRRg7GLEDGIAEMgcIBBAAGIAEMgcIBRAAGIAEMgoIBhAuGNQCGIAEMgoIBxAuGNQCGIAEMgcICBAAGIAEMgcICRAAGIAE0gEJNzY2MGoxajE1qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Attachments
mobile_rough_01.png
rough_homepage_1.png
rough_homepage_1.png (2.48 MiB) Viewed 63 times
mobile_rough_02.png
rough_desktop_02.png
rough_desktop_02.png (7.16 MiB) Viewed 63 times
mobile_rough_03.png
rough_desktop_03.png
rough_desktop_03.png (3.3 MiB) Viewed 63 times
moblie_rough_04.png
rough_desktop_04.png
rough_desktop_04.png (3.84 MiB) Viewed 63 times
Melissa Sanchez

EleanorVanEve

Re: Project 2 prelim

Post by EleanorVanEve »

I don't think you have too much text like you mentioned. I think it is just right. I'm not sure if there is anything else I would change. Your design of the project looks almost complete. Good job!
Eleanor Van Evera

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

I'm really partial to the first design. I'm a fan of bright colors. I can see what you're saying about too much text for the mobile version, second design. I think you have a great foundation for a second page or room to scroll by breaking up the text. Overall, I can really see how much work you put into these designs. Really nicely done. I'm a little jelly now. :mrgreen:

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I love the look of the book images the best. The greens was the right way to go also. Maybe chose a more legible font for the body copy though :)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

It's funny to me that an author that big has a website that bad. And yet...

I like your first design best. It's slightly more colorful and feels warmer and more welcoming. It has better margins too. It feels like a book cover to me. Which is very meta considering your stack off books logo. I like that you've placed it and her headshot into circles. That serves to break up the usual sea of hard edged squares that most web design have. And you've both broken out of the squares and overlapped them, which adds visual interest. I also like the use of the white drop shadow on your mobile version. That looks classy. Your mobile version almost looks like a paperback novel, while your computer version is a coffee table book. Nice choices on your fonts as well. They are super welcoming, but also both readable and legible.

I actually like the harder contrasts of your inner page more. I think if you could make your home page a little more like that, it's be that much more successful. I would recommend scooting your first column of text a little bit further away from the darker column on your inner page. Make sure your subheads all left align with their paragraphs on your inner page as well.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Melissa! I really like all of your designs. Very appealing. I like the design graphics, great photos, colors are soothing and your fonts are great. Very well organized and works very well for how your eyes travel throughout the layouts. I like how her shirt matches the color theme. On the first design, I really like the book image. I would switch her picture and the books. Move the books directly under the quotes and make her picture right in the middle of that circle. On the last interview page I would make that bullseye circle smaller and the Interview word bigger. The circle is distracting to me, I like the subtle circles on the edges. Overall, looks great and I really like your layout designs. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi,

I like the light grey design. It is more organized and has fun colors with your picture of the books. It's a fun cute design.

Benjamin Anderson

Aub

Post by Aub »

I love the gray background detail, it looks really nice with the rounded photo!
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

HI Melissa,
I love your designs, but the second design is really cute and different, I like how you showcase what I presume are some of her books on the actual design which is neat. I don’t really have any critique about your design, just play around with layout. Awesome Job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Melissa,

I think your web designs are pretty and cute. Especially, I think the second web design is good. I think the layout is neatly arranged and the type style is good. And I think the color of the background is well matched.