Project 3 Preliminary Work

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas

Project 3 Preliminary Work

Post by Samson VJ Saldana Ornelas »

Hi! These are my two designs and I wanted to go for two different approaches. I wanted the first one to be similar to the original one, while I went more modern with the second one. I don't know if we needed to only do the main site, but mine had a main site and a site link to a specific article, so I just did both.
Attachments
project03-mobile-roughs.png
project03-desktop-roughs.png
-samson <3

troutbelli

Re: Project 3 Preliminary Work

Post by troutbelli »

Samson,

The brown version is really nicely done. I like the use of graphics and color choices. You put together two well thought out designs.
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! I also really liked the tan version the best. Its appealing to the eye and welcoming. I like the red fonts and little icons in the upper left corner!

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Samson! Interesting one! I like the tan pattern one, and my favorite is the first tan ones. The design patterns are interesting and it is nice to have a border. That first one is easier to navigate and understand. Very interesting and fun, nice job. Just be careful not to use too many designs in one page. :)
~Laura Nelson~

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi

The brown design is really good. I also like the grey design too. The grey design is easier to read. Great job!

Benjamin Anderson

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello I like the black design better I think it looks cleaner and its simple, nice touches
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nifty! Sign me up for the Roman menu, Samson. I love that pattern.

That parchment background color really opens up a bunch of design angles, doesn't it? You can "print" pretty much whatever you want on it. I like the mix of ancient iconographies you chose. They work pretty well together surprisingly. Your colors also surprised me. I thought there was a color too many initially, but as I've looked at it over time, it seems to be growing on me. The layout seems pretty clean and presents it's information simply and clearly. I like the fact that you use the layout as the unifying element across pages and change things like the patterns and imagery depending on what page you're on. Your navigation is also easy to find and, presumably, to use.

I'm curious to see what it looks like with images in it. I think the tiling black grain stalk on your home page computer layout is tiles a few too many times. It becomes a little repetitive. Watch your top and bottom margins a little bit in your header on both your mobile and computer layouts. I'd be tempted to make your sans-serif bodycopy into a little more classical serif font to better go with your theme.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Samson,
Cool designs you’ve got I really like the first design, The layout and everything else fits really well together. And its easy to read. I don’t really have any critique, but you could maybe just play around with the layout a bit more, if you’d like. Great Job! :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Samson,

I think the first web design is better because it's cleaner and easier to see. And I think the first design can focus more one the types. I think your first design is cleaner and has a better layout than the second design.

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Samson,
Both your designs look good, out of the both I like the tan one more. I liked the patterns and icons you included. Great work
Noah Grunwald