Project one final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
EleanorVanEve

Project one final

Post by EleanorVanEve »

Hello! The major change I made was retracing the whole background. I used the same color scheme. I also realigned my text for the About Me section. I'm still not sure how the projects/resources should be organized/laid out but that is something I might have to figure out as I am making the website itself.
Attachments
Mobile
Mobile
Web
Web
Eleanor Van Evera

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project one final

Post by Instructor »

Such a cool background, Eleanor.

Your design has such visual depth and texture. That swirling background really is the MVP here. Nice job snagging colors from it and using them elsewhere in your composition. Those colors mix and blend and interact so well. I love the circular frame around the cat picture, too. It adds a lot of visual novelty. Your bodycopy is clean, if a bit plain, but your headline type is a special look that goes with the fancy hotel vibe this whole design gives off. Both your mobile layout and your computer layout are very clean and have good spacing between everything.

I'm still giggling over how the mobile version looks like a door and you're peering out the peephole at the cat. How loud was he knocking?

I think you could do better on your link color. They look like default HTML links. I think you missed a pretty good alignment opportunity with your link boxes on your mobile. You could have had their outer edges align with the outer edges of your bodycopy box. On your computer version, I think it would have looked better if you'd swapped the places of the nav boxes and the logo so the nav boxes were on the right and matched the right edge of the bodycopy box and your logo was over to the left. Your margins are a little uneven around your bodycopy.

Not bad!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Eleanor,

I really like your colors and the cat photo is awesome. I think you did a great job on the mobile specifically. The desktop version I feel like the bodycopy rectangle should be a little larger and maybe balance out the nav button areas. Just ideas.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Eleanor,

My favorite part about your designs, aside from the picture :D , is the richness of color. The colored shapes behind your text boxes help those parts stand out from the background.
Sandra Torres

seungwoo lee

Post by seungwoo lee »

Hello Eleanor,

I think your web design is unique. I think the background is highlighted with flowers and green color, and the picture in the middle is unique. Also, I think the layout divided into three section is good.

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Elanor,

I love the background image and colors you chose. I would play with the links you created, maybe create buttons for each one? Great job.
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! The colors you chose complement each other really well and the illustrations are beautiful in the background. Nice job!

Aub

Post by Aub »

Hello, the cat photo looks pretty cute in your design, I hope you continue with this design!
Aubrey Delos Reyes

Verenisse

Post by Verenisse »

Hi Eleanor,
I really like your composition, your kitty is so cute. You can just work on the placement of your type so your sides do look to empty. Great job. :D
~Verenisse Ramirez[/i][/b]

ngrunwald

Post by ngrunwald »

Hi Eleanor,
I think that your background is super cool. I enjoyed your color choices and the picture you included. Overall, great work!
Noah Grunwald