Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
lakelyn_dean

Project01 Final

Post by lakelyn_dean »

For my final project, I decided to go with the gradient design. I felt this one was more visually pleasing, and the colors blend well together. When refining it, I decided to change the font to a thicker one to make it a little easier to read. I removed the grey boxes, made my name more prominent, adjusted the colors, and just tightened everything up to look cleaner.

Two informational sites:
https://www.orbitmedia.com/blog/web-design-tips/

I enjoyed this website because it goes through many technical aspects of design like hierarchy, layout, etc., and just gives a lot of helpful base knowledge. It also provides statistics to back the techniques they mention.

https://www.flux-academy.com/blog/ultim ... web-design

This website provided a bunch of examples of good color use in web pages. I realized that in most design examples, only about three colors are used.
Attachments
web_layout_final.png
mobile_layout_final.png
Last edited by lakelyn_dean on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakelyn Dean <3

CadenM

Re: Project01 Final

Post by CadenM »

Hi Lakelyn. I really like your use of color, it's a very calming design. I like that you put emphasis on the TMCC logo. I feel like a lot of us stuck it in a corner and called it a day, so I think it's cool that you made it so prominent.

troutbelli

Post by troutbelli »

Lakelyn,

I really like the choice in colors and fonts. Your foliage design is really good, you have a definite smooth flow going. I love the way you displayed the TMCC logo. Overall, I think you did a great job.

Chris
Christine Lopez

Because of Me...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This one came out pretty darn nice, Lakelyn. It has a gentile forested wallpaper vibe to it.

The whole thing is very calming. Such good vibes on display here. I like the color scheme. It works well to establish the pacific northwest forest quality this whole thing has. The background gradient in particular adds some nice visual interest. The font is warm and welcoming while still being very legible. Your navigation is easy to find and presumably to use. One of the little touches I like is that the button of the page you're on is capitalized so you can tell where you are at a glance. I like the logo too. It reminds me of a wireless charging mat for some reason. Great use of margins on this website. It all has room to breathe.

I think it could have used to have the gradient lightened just a touch on the mobile version. I'm losing a little of the headline and class info in it.

Good job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi! I really like your design! It looks fantastic! I like the images, colors and organization of the layout. Nice job!
~Laura Nelson~

SandraT

Post by SandraT »

Hi Lakelyn,

I think your designs are so pretty. I like the plants with all those shades of green. There's great contrast between your colors and your layout is very clean.

Nice work
Sandra Torres

Benjamin_Anderson

Post by Benjamin_Anderson »

Hi Lakelyn,

I like the color blend of the blue and green. The leaves add to the design very well.

Benjamin Anderson

Melissa Sanchez

Post by Melissa Sanchez »

Hi Lakelyn,

I like how you added the circle around the tmcc logo, it keeps it framed. I also like your use of gradients and plants within the design!
Melissa Sanchez

sothgara

Post by sothgara »

Hello Lakelyn,

I love the colors and images you chose. They flow so nicely together. I would maybe change the buttons all to the same size? Nicely done.
- sara matts

Olivia_haltom

Post by Olivia_haltom »

Hello! These colors work really well together! I would like to see the black incorporated other than just the title, but otherwise, this design is amazing!